Maya warns Mulayam, Lalu PrasadAugust 9th, 2008 - 9:36 pm ICT by IANS
Lucknow, Aug 9 (IANS) Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister and Bahujan Samaj Party (BSP) supremo Mayawati Saturday issued a stern warning to Samajwadi Party chief Mulayam Singh Yadav and Railway Minister Lalu Prasad for making adverse remarks against her. Addressing a BSP national workers meet here, she sought to take both Yadav chieftains, one from Uttar Pradesh and the other from neighbouring Bihar, by the horns.
Responding to Mulayam Singh Yadav’s recent declaration that he would get Mayawati’s statues bulldozed when he comes to power in Uttar Pradesh, the BSP chief said: “Let Mulayam be warned that if he dares to even attempt that, my party workers would give him a befitting reply.
“Mulayam would have to pay very dearly if he were to make any attempt to trample upon the wishes of (late BSP founder) Kanshi Ram.”
Attacking the Rashtriya Janata Dal (RJD) president, she said: “Lalu Prasad Yadav appears to have lost his balance, because when my name was being proposed for prime ministership he had the cheek to say that a Dalit prime minister would pollute the whole country.”
Terming Lalu Prasad’s alleged remarks as “shameful”, she said: “This man ought to realize that if he could make it to office of the Bihar chief minister or a central minister, he owes it to none other than Babasaheb Bhimrao Ambedkar, otherwise he would have simply ended up taking out cows and buffaloes for grazing in some obscure village in Bihar.”
Mayawati was also critical of the Congress-led central government for its handling of the Amarnath land controversy as well as the ban on the Students Islamic Movement of India (SIMI).
- Verma seeks post-poll ties with BSP, Congress terms it personal view (Lead) - Mar 04, 2012
- Jawed Usmani takes over as UP chief secretary - Mar 23, 2012
- Rahul gives oust Mayawati call, she hits back (Second Lead) - Nov 25, 2011
- Mayawati issues full-page Buddha Purnima ads in 150 dailies - May 17, 2011
- Mayawati, Mulayam attend Sonia's lunch - Aug 06, 2012
- Congress should tie up with BSP: Beni Prasad Verma - Mar 04, 2012
- Samajwadi Party's next goal: Mulayam as PM - May 23, 2012
- Upgrade Mayawati's security, BSP tells Akhilesh - Jul 30, 2012
- Promotion quota bill in Rajya Sabha, SP, BSP lock horns (Lead) - Sep 05, 2012
- Akhilesh set to take over, promises a new UP (Roundup) - Mar 10, 2012
- Mayawati inaugurates 'dream project', says Congress ignored Dalit icons (Roundup) - Oct 14, 2011
- State elections: Fair ballot, rivetting battles expected (Comment) - Jan 14, 2012
- Mulayam holds presidential cards close to his chest - May 17, 2012
- Rape victims will be given government jobs: Mulayam - Jan 29, 2012
- Akhilesh asks party's youth to work for Lok Sabha win - Aug 07, 2012
Tags: bhimrao ambedkar, bihar, buffaloes, central government, cheek, chief minister, chieftains, controversy, cows, horns, islamic movement, lalu prasad, Mayawati, mulayam singh yadav, obscure village, party chief, prime ministership, railway minister, rjd president, statues