Mary Richardson Kennedy Arrested For Drunken DrivingMay 22nd, 2010 - 7:53 pm ICT by GD
By Meena Kar
May 22 (THAINDIAN NEWS) Mary Richardson Kennedy the wife of Robert F. Kennedy Jr. was arrested for drunken driving after she ran over a curb near a suburban school in Westchester County. She was easily recognized by the police in her Volvo because they had visited her home twice in that week because of domestic violence complaints. Mary Richardson Kennedy blood alcohol level was found to be a 0.11, above the legal limit of 0.8.
She was reportedly on her way to pick up someone from a fair. Her intoxication became evident after her speech slurred badly and she failed the field sobriety tests. She was arrested on the spot and her car was towed. No details have been revealed whether she was alone or not in the car. The first out of the last two police visits at Mary Richardson Kennedy’s house was because of a fight between the children that the police had to intervene to resolve. The second was for a state domestic violence report, but no crimes were reported.
Her husband Robert F. Kennedy Jr. was also arrested earlier for possession of heroin in 1983 and sentenced to two years of probation, periodic tests for drug use and 1500 hours of community service. He is presently an environment lawyer who works in the White Plains. Robert F. Kennedy Jr.’s father Bobby Kennedy who was a senator was assassinated 5 years after his brother John F. Kennedy’s assassination in 1983. Mary Richardson Kennedy and Robert F. Kennedy Jr. were married in 1994 and have four children between the ages 8 and 15 years.
- Robert Kennedy, Jr's estranged wife busted for DUI - Aug 25, 2010
- Mary Richardson Kennedy Arrested - May 22, 2010
- Robert F. Kennedy Jr. Divorces Wife Of 16 Years - Jul 17, 2010
- Robert F Kennedy's Wife, Mary Charged With DUI - May 20, 2010
- RFK Jr.'s wife Mary F. Kennedy arrested for DUI - May 20, 2010
- Robert F. Kennedy, Junior's wife charged with drink driving - May 19, 2010
- Robert F. Kennedy Jr.'s wife pleads guilty to impaired driving - Jul 23, 2010
- RFK Jr. Initiates Divorce Proceedings - Jul 17, 2010
- Swift admires the Kennedy family - Sep 02, 2012
- Taylor Swift seen kisisng Conor Kennedy - Aug 19, 2012
- Taylor Swift dating Conor Kennedy? - Aug 01, 2012
- Conor meets Taylor Swift's parents - Aug 11, 2012
- Police release surveillance photo of Cal Ripken Jr.'s mother's kidnapping - Jul 27, 2012
- Only 2 Kennedy siblings left on earth - Aug 12, 2009
- FBI Files Divulge Death Threats On Ted Kennedy - Jun 15, 2010
Tags: blood alcohol level, bobby kennedy, brother john, crimes, domestic violence report, drug use, father bobby, field sobriety tests, heroin, intoxication, john f kennedy, kar, mary richardson, periodic tests, probation, robert f kennedy, robert f kennedy jr, suburban school, westchester county, white plains