Maoists hoist black flags in BiharAugust 15th, 2012 - 1:15 pm ICT by IANS
Patna, Aug 15 (IANS) Maoists hoisted black flags in eight districts of Bihar Wednesday to protest India’s Independence Day, police said.
The black flags were seen atop schools and some buildings in Gaya, Aurangabad, Jehanabad, Arwal, Vaishali, Sitamarhi, East Champaran and Muzaffarpur, an officer said.
Maoist guerrillas also halted trains Tuesday night at Ismailpur railway station near Gaya.
“Maoists attacked the railway station and forced the station master to turn the signal red and stopped all trains including the Rajdhani Express,” the official said.
- Bihar celebrates Republic Day - Jan 26, 2012
- Maoists blow up rail track in Bihar - Feb 07, 2010
- Strike hits normal life in parts of Bihar - May 22, 2012
- Maoists blow up rail track, enforce strike in Bihar - Jan 18, 2010
- Bihar celebrates 62nd Republic Day - Jan 26, 2011
- Maoists torch two trucks in Bihar - Jun 17, 2011
- Maoists blast rail track in Bihar, trains disrupted (Lead) - Feb 07, 2010
- Maoists torch truck, tractor in Bihar - Feb 08, 2010
- Maoists blow up railway track in Bihar - Sep 14, 2010
- Violent protests rock Bihar for third day - Jun 03, 2012
- Encephalitis claims five more lives in Bihar, toll 230 - Jun 24, 2012
- Maoists attack railway station, blast government office in Bihar - Oct 13, 2009
- Maoists strike Bihar railway station - Jun 16, 2011
- Encephalitis toll rises to 18 - Jun 04, 2012
- Maoist rampage: station, bank torched, police camps raided - Jun 15, 2010