Maoists expel Odisha leader Sabyasachi Panda from partyAugust 10th, 2012 - 10:20 pm ICT by IANS
Kolkata, Aug 10 (IANS) The outlawed Communist Party of India-Maoist has expelled its Odisha state organising committee secretary Sabyasachi Panda from the party, accusing him of an “enemy-like opportunistic stand on the outfit as also the movement and leadership”.
“Our central committee is expelling Sabyasachi Panda from the party and declaring the fact to our party comrades in Odisha, the entire revolutionary masses and the revolutionary camp in our country,” the Maoists said in a media release.
Pointing to the 16-page letter Panda addressed to CPI-Maoist general secretary Muppala Lakshmana Rao alias Ganapathy and released to the media July 14, the Maoist release, signed by party politburo member Anand, said: “In cahoots with the ruling classes he spit venom on the CPI-Maoist and the revolutionary movement led by it and hurled several baseless, sham allegations and fabricated lies.”
“He released this letter with the evil intention of liquidating the party and the revolutionary movement, discarded the ideology of Marxism-Leninism-Maoism and left the vanguard party of the proletariat.”
It also accused Panda of openly declaring that he was “completely dissociating himself from the People’s War line and revolutionary practice” and thereby exposed his modern revisionist face.
“He proved himself to be a renegade,” the release said.
The CPI-Maoist claimed that it conducts meetings, plenums and conferences in order to correct and improve its practice and to advance with higher tasks.
“It realises its mistakes and corrects them through criticism - self-criticism, reviews and rectification campaigns taken up specifically. This is a continuous process.”
- Wife demands relief for Odisha Maoist leader - Aug 13, 2012
- Odisha court acquits Maoist leader's wife - Apr 10, 2012
- Hostage crisis: Maoist's wife, 26 others to be freed - Apr 05, 2012
- Maoist leader's wife freed from jail (Lead) - Apr 10, 2012
- Odisha hostage crisis: Maoists refuse to release Italian (Lead) - Apr 06, 2012
- Maoists release second Italian (Lead) - Apr 12, 2012
- Odisha crisis: Uncertainty over hostages' release - Apr 08, 2012
- Hostage crisis: Maoist's wife, 26 others to be freed (Lead) - Apr 05, 2012
- Maoists reiterate demands to free second Italian - Mar 26, 2012
- Fulfil promises before Italian's release: Maoists (Lead) - Apr 11, 2012
- Maoists release Italian hostage, MLA still missing (Second Lead) - Apr 12, 2012
- Threat to my husband's life: Maoist leader's wife - Aug 12, 2012
- Maoist leader's wife freed, Odisha hostage crisis continues (Second Lead) - Apr 10, 2012
- Odisha crisis: Uncertainty over hostages' release (Lead) - Apr 09, 2012
- Maoists release Italian hostage, MLA still held (Roundup) - Apr 12, 2012
Tags: cahoots, central committee, committee secretary, communist party of india, criticism reviews, evil intention, ganapathy, general secretary, lakshmana, maoism, maoist, maoists, marxism leninism, plenums, politburo member, proletariat, revolutionary movement, self criticism, vanguard party, war line