Maoists blow up 11th government building in JharkhandApril 10th, 2009 - 6:57 pm ICT by IANS
Ranchi, April 10 (IANS) Maoist rebels in Jharkhand continued their terror track ahead of the Lok Sabha polls, blasting the 11th government building in the state Friday in 10 days, the police said.
Maoist rebels belonging to the outlawed Communist Party of India-Maoist (CPI-Maoist), blew up a secondary school near Belhara village in Palamau district, around 180 km from Ranchi, using detonators. No one was injured.
The rebels have earlier blown up government buildings in Latehar, Garwah, Gumla, Chatra and Bokaro districts. Besides schools, the rebels have also blown up panchayat and aganwadi buildings.
According to police, the aim behind attacking government buildings is to prevent security personnel from staying there during the Lok Sabha elections.
The state goes to Lok Sabha polls April 16 and 23.
Maoists are active in 18 of the 24 districts in the state. About 1,450 people have been killed in Maoist-related violence in the last eight years.
- Maoists blast school, attack police station in Jharkhand - Dec 06, 2011
- Maoists bomb BJP leader's house, school in Jharkhand - Apr 02, 2009
- Maoists target security forces' vehicle in Jharkhand - Apr 04, 2009
- One Maoist killed, two held in Jharkhand - Sep 17, 2010
- Jharkhand sees 55 percent polling, Maoists kill two (Third Lead) - Dec 18, 2009
- Jharkhand sees 30 percent polling, Maoists kill one (Second Lead) - Dec 18, 2009
- Maoist rivalry kills four in Jharkhand - May 16, 2011
- Maoists blow up building in Jharkhand - Dec 21, 2009
- Two Maoists arrested, weapons recovered - Jan 30, 2011
- Violence, 58 percent ballot mark Jharkhand poll (Fourth Lead) - Dec 18, 2009
- Maoist shutdown hits road services in Jharkhand - Mar 13, 2011
- Maoists blast JMM MP's house - May 11, 2011
- Three killed as rival Maoist groups clash - Aug 29, 2010
- Maoists hijack train, free it later (Fourth Lead) - Apr 22, 2009
- Five Maoists held in Jharkhand - Jan 19, 2011
Tags: aim, blow up, bokaro, chatra, communist party of india, CPI, government buildings, jharkhand, lok sabha elections, lok sabha polls, maoist, maoist rebels, maoists, panchayat, ranchi, secondary school, security personnel, terror, violence