Maoist violence kills six in ChhattisgarhApril 16th, 2009 - 1:32 pm ICT by IANS
Raipur, April 16 (IANS) Five polling officials were killed in a landmine blast in Chhattisgarh’s Rajnandgaon district while a security personnel was shot dead in the Maoist stronghold of Dantewada as the state went to polls for its 11 parliamentary seats Thursday.
Police said five members of a zonal reserve polling team members were killed in a landmine blast detonated by Maoists in Rajnandgaon district, 125 km from here.
In the second incident, a Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF) trooper was killed in Maroki village in Dantewada, about 480 km from here, in an exchange of bullets with guerrillas.
- Maoists blow up CRPF vehicle, kill trooper in Chhattisgarh - Aug 06, 2012
- Two CRPF troopers killed in Chhattisgarh blast - Aug 07, 2012
- Two CRPF troopers killed in Chhattisgarh blast (Lead) - Aug 07, 2012
- Five troopers killed in Chhattisgarh landmine blast - May 18, 2011
- Six killed in Chhattisgarh Maoist attack (Lead) - Apr 16, 2009
- CRPF trooper killed in Chhattisgarh Maoist attack - Dec 26, 2010
- Chhattisgarh on high alert after Kishanji's killing - Nov 25, 2011
- CRPF trooper killed in Maoist attack - Sep 18, 2011
- Toll in Chhattisgarh blast rises to seven - May 18, 2011
- Maoists open fire near CRPF camps in Chhattisgarh - Apr 21, 2010
- Maoist landmine blast kills five CRPF men in Chhattisgarh (Lead) - May 18, 2011
- Maoists' attack trail in the past year - Apr 06, 2010
- Chhattisgarh cops search forests after Maoist attack - Apr 21, 2010
- Mine blast injures CRPF men, Maoists raid CPI leader's house (Lead) - Jun 15, 2011
- Three CRPF men killed in Chhattisgarh Maoist attack (Second Lead) - Jun 11, 2011