Maoist posters surface in central KolkataJanuary 11th, 2011 - 5:53 pm ICT by IANS
Kolkata, Jan 11 (IANS) Days after the killing of seven people near Lalgarh in West Midnapore district, blamed on Marxist-backed assailants, Maoist posters appeared at two Metro stations here Tuesday protesting the killings and said Chief Minister Buddhadeb Bhattacharjee would be tried in the people’s court.The posters appeared on the walls of the Central and Chandni Chowk Metro railway stations here, police said. The posters were removed by the police.
One of the posters read that Chief Minister Buddhadeb Bhattacharjee, state Paschimanchal Development Minister Sushanta Ghosh and Communist Party of India-Marxist’s West Midnapore district secretary Dipak Sarkar would be tried in the peoples’ court. The posters also demanded immediate release of arrested senior Maoist leaders, including state secretary Kanchan, said a senior police officer.
Some red coloured banners were also recovered from the Chandni Chowk Metro station. The Maoists also criticised the government for the sky-rocketting prices of essential commodities in the posters.
Earlier, Maoist posters were found on the walls of Raj Bhavan, metro stations, Nandan and Bangla Art Academy, leaving police in a bind.
Meanwhile, a team of intellectuals close to the main opposition Trinamool Congress visited Netai village near Lalgarh, where the Jan 7 carnage took place.
The intellectuals are to prepare a report on the situation in Lalgarh.
State Congress president Manas Bhunia is also slated to interact with villagers at Netai.
- Seven killed in Bengal firing, CPI-M blamed - Jan 08, 2011
- West Bengal Pradesh Congress Committee organise a silent protest in Kolkata - Jan 11, 2011
- Bengal governor visits massacre sites, to file report (Lead) - Jan 19, 2011
- Bengal governor visits massacre sites of Netai, Baghbinda - Jan 19, 2011
- Buddhadeb Bhattacharjee to meet Chidambaram, discuss Naxal activities - Jan 19, 2011
- Bengal intellectuals visit Lalgarh, talk to villagers - Jan 11, 2011
- Chidambaram requests Bhattacharjee to take action against armed cadres - Jan 19, 2011
- ddhadeb Bhattacharjee meets Chidambaram, discusses Naxal activities - Jan 19, 2011
- Bengal firing: Village tense, Mamata meets locals - Jan 08, 2011
- Biman Bose appeals for peace after Lalgarh violence - Jan 11, 2011
- Maoist posters surface in south Kolkata - Dec 12, 2010
- Maoist posters found ahead of chief minister's visit - Apr 21, 2010
- Buddhadeb knew of mass murders: Trinamool - Aug 12, 2011
- Lalgarh violence: WB Governor summons Chief Secretary to discuss law and order - Jan 13, 2011
- To Chidambbaram's invite, Buddhadeb says will meet later - Jan 10, 2011
Tags: art academy, chief minister, communist party of india, communist party of india marxist, congress president, development minister, dipak, district secretary, kanchan, maoist, maoists, metro railway, metro station, metro stations, midnapore district, nandan, peoples court, railway stations, state congress, state secretary