Maoist posters found near KolkataNovember 9th, 2011 - 6:23 pm ICT by IANS
Kolkata, Nov 9 (IANS) Maoist posters condemning the West Bengal government for the relentless price rise and threatening to behead allegedly corrupt politicians were found Wednesday in North 24 Parganas district near Kolkata, police said.
“Three posters by the Maoists were found strewn in Netaji Nagar this morning. The posters criticised the government for rising prices,” the inspector in-charge of Baranagar police station Himadri Bandyopadhyay told IANS.
They have also said that any leader, whether of the Communist Party of India-Marxist or the ruling Trinamool Congress, indulging in corruption will be beheaded, he said.
Such posters were found earlier as well, after Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee had given the rebels an ultimatum to choose between talks and violence.
She hinted at resuming operations by the joint security forces in the Maoist-affected areas of the state, following the killing of several Trinamool Congress leaders.
- Trinamool leader killed by Maoists - Sep 20, 2011
- Junglemahal peacful, shutdown call partial - Oct 22, 2011
- Talks with Maoists to continue: Bengal interlocutors - Oct 18, 2011
- Bengal did not see change as Trinamool didn't exist: Mamata - Dec 23, 2010
- Maoists using CPI-M guns to kill: Mamata - Sep 20, 2011
- Trinamool MP criticises Bengal government for police firing - Dec 08, 2011
- Maoist posters surface in central Kolkata - Jan 11, 2011
- Two injured in West Bengal as clashes mar strike (Lead) - Sep 07, 2010
- Maoists damage Bihar school - Feb 07, 2011
- Maoist put up posters threatening Trinamool leaders - Oct 17, 2011
- We support Mamata, she should quit cabinet: Maoists - Jan 04, 2011
- Maoists call Junglemahal shutdown Oct 22 - Oct 19, 2011
- We can dictate terms to centre, says Trinamool - Aug 25, 2012
- West Bengal CM says Trinamool Congress has Maoist links - Feb 14, 2011
- Rebels kill pro-Maoist activist - Dec 06, 2010
Tags: chief minister, communist party of india, communist party of india marxist, congress leaders, corrupt politicians, corruption, maoist, maoists, netaji, police station, posters, rebels, security forces, ultimatum, violence, west bengal government