Maoist-affected states can hire private choppersAugust 23rd, 2011 - 5:51 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Aug 23 (IANS) The government Tuesday said some states have been allowed to hire private helicopters for their anti-Maoist operations.
“To meet the shortfall, the Left-wing extremism affected states have been permitted to hire helicopters under the security related expenditure scheme,” Minister of State for Home Jitendra Singh told the Lok Sabha in a written reply.
States hit by Leftist insurgency had been demanding dedicated helicopters for supporting security forces involved in the anti-Maoist operations.
- States affected by Maoism to hire choppers - Aug 22, 2012
- Government to pump in Rs 6 bn to fight Maoists - Jan 13, 2011
- Italians' abduction a reminder of internal security challenge: PM - Mar 20, 2012
- Orissa deploys chopper in anti-Maoist operation - Aug 08, 2011
- Manmohan reassures political consultation on NCTC (Second Lead) - Mar 20, 2012
- Assam plans new cells to tackle Maoists, fake currency - May 14, 2012
- States asked to revisit anti-Maoist strategy (Evening Lead) - Jul 14, 2010
- Italians' abduction grim reminder of security threat: PM (Lead) - Mar 20, 2012
- Israeli ambassador meets Andhra police chief - Dec 05, 2011
- Maoist violence down, says Chidambaram - Jun 14, 2011
- Orissa to double strength of anti-Maoist force - Jan 16, 2011
- PM opens security meet, flags left-wing extremism (Lead) - Apr 16, 2012
- Patnaik seeks funds, helicopters to fight Maoists - Feb 01, 2011
- Maoist insurgency will be curbed in three years: Chidambaram - Jul 29, 2010
- CRPF will be readied to face multi-faceted challenges: Vijay Kumar (Lead) - Oct 05, 2010