Manmohan, Zardari to discuss ‘important’ issuesApril 7th, 2012 - 7:00 pm ICT by IANS
Islamabad, April 7 (IANS) Although President Asif Ali Zardari is going to India Sunday to pray at the Ajmer Sharif, he will discuss “issues of importance” with Indian Prime Minister Manmohan Singh, the foreign office said Saturday.
Foreign office spokesperson Abdul Basit confirmed here that Zardari will meet Manmohan Singh at lunch in New Delhi, DawnNews reported.
The spokesperson said the president’s visit to India was “personal” and the “real motive of the visit is to pay a visit to the shrine of Khwaja Moinuddin Chishti at Ajmer Sharif”.
But Manmohan Singh and Zardari “will also be discussing some issues of importance during their meeting”, he added.
In reply to a question, Basit said he had no knowledge of a meeting between Zardari’s son Bilalwal Bhutto Zardari and Congress leader Rahul Gandhi.
Zardari is flying to India on a short visit Sunday. He will land in New Delhi, meet the prime minister, fly to Ajmer and then return to Pakistan.
- Bansal to be minister-in-waiting for Zardari - Apr 07, 2012
- Zardari visit: Pakistan hopes for peace; says no compromise on Kashmir - Apr 05, 2012
- Zardari leaves for India - Apr 08, 2012
- Zardari in India, begins talks with Manmohan (Lead) - Apr 08, 2012
- Pakistan hopes Manmohan-Zardari talks will push peace (Lead) - Apr 05, 2012
- Visit Pakistan, Zardari to tell Manmohan - Apr 08, 2012
- Gilani, Kayani meet Zardari before he flies to India - Apr 08, 2012
- Zardari to invite Manmohan to Pakistan, all issues on table - Apr 07, 2012
- President Zardari returns home after Indian pilgrimage - Apr 08, 2012
- Bilawal's Facebook fans discuss India trip - Apr 08, 2012
- Precious gifts, special prayers for Zardaris at Ajmer shrine (Lead) - Apr 07, 2012
- Talks on bilateral issues likely during Zardari visit: Krishna - Apr 06, 2012
- Ajmer shrine authorities mum on Zardari visit - Apr 03, 2012
- PM tells Zardari to pray for peace, tweets Sushma - Apr 08, 2012
- Zardari likely to come on 'personal' visit to India (Lead) - Apr 01, 2012
Tags: ajmer sharif, asif ali zardari, bhutto, congress leader, dawnnews, foreign office, going to india, indian prime minister, indian prime minister manmohan singh, lunch, manmohan, manmohan singh, moinuddin chishti, motive, New Delhi, prime minister manmohan, prime minister manmohan singh, rahul gandhi, reply, spokesperson