Manmohan Singh a failure on economic front, says BJPJanuary 18th, 2011 - 2:32 pm ICT by IANS
Bhubaneswar, Jan 18 (IANS) Prime Minister Manmohan Singh and his “poor economic policy” were responsible for the skyrocketing prices of essential commodities, Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) president Nitin Gadkari said here Tuesday.”The country is suffering because of the poor economic policy of Prime Minister Manmohan Singh,” Gadkari said.
Addressing a press conference at this Orissa capital city, he said the more than six years’ rule of the prime minister has been a saga of utter failure.
“Our economist prime minister has failed miserably to handle our economic situation,” he said.
He also said the Congress party’s wrong economic policy was the reason behind the country’s unemployment, poverty and price rise.
The central government has lost credibility due to its dismal performance in controlling the skyrocketing prices of essential commodities, Gadkari said, adding that the successive hikes in petroleum products were mounting an unbearable burden on the rural poor and the urban middle class.
He said the government appeared to have lost control over the administration and the ministers were busy in a blame game.
The United Progressive Alliance partners are in near revolt, challenging the authority of the prime minister, the BJP chief said.
Citing various scandals like the 2G spectrum scam, Bofors, Commonwealth Games and the Adarsh society fiasco, he said, “The country today looks like a banana republic.”
“I am afraid the country can ill afford such a sorry state of affairs. The political situation is fraught with dangers for democratic institutions with the Manmohan Singh government having lost moral right to continue in the office,” he said.
Gadkari arrived here Monday on a two-day visit.
- Gadkari questions relations between Gandhis, Quattrocchi - Jan 12, 2011
- BJP, CPI-M flay PM on corruption, price rise - Feb 16, 2011
- BJP team meets PM over Manipur blockade - Oct 22, 2011
- UPA's disastrous economic policies behind price rise: Gadkari - Jan 31, 2010
- PM expressed helplessness in dealing with graft: BJP (Lead) - Feb 16, 2011
- Advani pulls up Congress Govt. for failing to bring back 'black money' - Jan 09, 2011
- BJP's show of strength over price rise derails Delhi (Second Lead) - Apr 21, 2010
- Congress-led UPA government has failed on all fronts: BJP - Feb 12, 2011
- BJP accuses UPA Govt. of mismanagement, corruption during its price-rise rally - Apr 21, 2010
- UPA responsible for loot of the country: Gadkari - Feb 05, 2011
- Need to review wholesale, retail price monitoring system: Pranab - Feb 15, 2011
- Is PM more concerned about oil cos. or people, asks Gadkari - Jul 02, 2010
- Take essential goods off commodities exchange: BJP (Lead) - Jan 31, 2010
- Black money stashed abroad: Gadkari asks Centre to reveal names - Jan 18, 2011
- BJP's show of strength over price rise cripples Delhi (Third Lead) - Apr 21, 2010
Tags: banana republic, bjp chief, blame game, bofors, commonwealth games, congress party, democratic institutions, dismal performance, economic front, manmohan, manmohan singh, moral right, petroleum products, prime minister manmohan, prime minister manmohan singh, progressive alliance, sorry state of affairs, unbearable burden, urban middle class, utter failure