Mani to speak on his book in BritainAugust 23rd, 2012 - 7:39 pm ICT by IANS
Thiruvananthapuram, Aug 23 (IANS) Kerala Finance Minister K.M. Mani Thursday said he had been invited to deliver a lecture in Britain on his book “Theory of the Toiling Mass”.
Mani told IANS that the invite came from the All Party Parliamentary Committee in Britain.
“I wrote this book in Malayalam and published it in 1978. I am now finishing the English translation,” said the Kerala Congress leader who has been a legislator since 1965.
The 79-year-old has been a minister for 20 years and holds the record of presenting 10 budgets, the highest by any minister in the country.
- Three-day Hay Festival begins in Kerala - Nov 12, 2010
- Kurup, new young poets bring Malayalam poetry to centre-stage - Oct 02, 2010
- Indian bookscape: New sensibilities emerging in literary translation - Feb 12, 2012
- Jnanpith winner ONV arrives to rousing welcome - Sep 25, 2010
- Bilingual dictionaries to promote India's mother tongues - Mar 12, 2012
- 25-member British team at Kerala investors' meet - Sep 05, 2012
- Commonwealth English must assimilate: Hay Fest founder - Oct 21, 2011
- Mind power can create billionaires: Vayalar Ravi - Jul 15, 2012
- Kerala UDF to meet Wednesday - Jun 21, 2011
- Tech-savvy Kerala Tourism wins national award yet again - Mar 01, 2012
- English mass-market books tap Hindi speakers (Feature) - Aug 10, 2012
- Spiritualism is beyond religions: Venugopal - Oct 24, 2011
- Kerala finance minister to present his 9th budget - Jul 07, 2011
- Bhutanese PM to speak in India on gross national happiness - Dec 13, 2011
- Special 'Gitanjali' to mark Tagore's 150th birth anniversary - Feb 04, 2012