Maneka Gandhi charged with violating poll codeMarch 20th, 2009 - 11:29 pm ICT by IANS
Lucknow, March 20 (IANS) First it was Varun Gandhi and now it’s the turn of his mother Maneka Gandhi, who has been charged with violating the model code of conduct for the Lok Sabha polls.
“MP Maneka, who is the Bharatiya Janata Party candidate for the Aonla seat in Uttar Pradesh has been issued a notice for wall writing at various public and private places, including government offices,” sub-divisional magistrate (Sadar) in Badaun district S.K. Shrama told IANS Friday on telephone.
Notices for similarly defacing public property have also been issued to Dharmendra Kashyap and Sarvaraj Singh, who are the Aonla candidates of the Samajwadi Party (SP) and the Bahujan Samaj Party (BSP) respectively. A notice in the same case has also been issued to D.P. Yadav, the BSP’s candidate from Badaun seat.
“We have already informed the State Election Commission (SEC) about the notices served to various candidates for defacing public and private properties,” added Sharma.
Further action will be taken against the candidates, following directives from the state election commissioner, he added.
Varun Gandhi, the BJP candidate for Pilibhit in Uttar Pradesh, has been issued a poll panel notice for the alleged hate content of his speeches.
- 60 constituencies in final phase of UP polls - Mar 02, 2012
- 53 percent voting in Uttar Pradesh, Pilibhit beats records (Roundup) - May 13, 2009
- Hundreds of thousands vote in UP (Third Lead) - Mar 03, 2012
- Maneka Gandhi loses (Lead) - May 16, 2009
- Sonia, Rahul to be invited for Varun's wedding: Maneka - Sep 27, 2010
- I won't forget my poll promises, Maneka tells Aonla - May 23, 2009
- Congress neck deep in corruption: Maneka Gandhi - Aug 25, 2011
- 53 percent turnout in Uttar Pradesh's final lap (Fourth Lead) - May 13, 2009
- Revolt within, but BJP defends Kushwaha induction - Jan 06, 2012
- High court notice to Varun Gandhi in defamation case - Jul 28, 2010
- Muslim vote crucial in fifth phase (Poll Curtainraiser - Uttar Pradesh) - May 12, 2009
- Notice to Varun Gandhi for defamatory remarks during Lok Sabha polls - Jul 28, 2010
- Defamation suit filed against Varun Gandhi - Jun 07, 2010
- Varun meets Sonia, invites her to wedding - Feb 16, 2011
- Maneka Gandhi wins in Aonla after re-counting - May 16, 2009
Tags: bahujan samaj party, bharatiya janata party, bjp candidate, d p yadav, dharmendra, election commissioner, kashyap, lok sabha polls, lucknow, maneka gandhi, model code, party candidate, poll code, private places, private properties, sadar, samaj, Samajwadi Party, state election commission, varun gandhi