Mandela hospitalised after abdominal complaintFebruary 25th, 2012 - 5:42 pm ICT by IANS
Johannesburg, Feb 25 (IANS) The South African former president Nelson Mandela has been admitted to hospital, according to a presidency announcement.
Doctors advised proper specialist medical attention due to him having long standing abdominal complaint, Xinhua reported citing the announcement Saturday.
“We hope he will recover soon and assure him of the love and good wishes of all South Africans and people all over the world,” the statement said.
The presidency did not disclose further detail.
- Nelson Mandela discharged from hospital (Lead) - Feb 26, 2012
- Mandela discharged from hospital - Feb 26, 2012
- Nelson Mandela hospitalised after stomach complaint (Lead) - Feb 25, 2012
- Mandela in good health: Zuma - Jul 12, 2012
- No need to panic over Mandela's health, says government - Jan 28, 2011
- Nelson Mandela 'alive and kicking', says SA's acting president - Jan 28, 2011
- Nelson Mandela admitted to hospital - Jan 27, 2011
- 'Mandela hail and hearty' - Jan 31, 2011
- South Africa to celebrate Mandela's 94th birthday in style - Jun 08, 2012
- South Africa celebrates Nelson Mandela's 93rd birthday - Jul 18, 2011
- ANC calls for media to stop speculating about Mandela's health - Jan 27, 2011
- Mandela looks healthy on TV - May 31, 2012
- Nelson Mandela returns home, 'breathing on his own' - Jan 29, 2011
- Prince Charles to visit South Africa - Oct 14, 2011
- Former South African President Mandela goes home to rest - May 23, 2011