Manas Bhuniya, Somnath take a dig at MamataOctober 7th, 2010 - 10:49 pm ICT by IANS
Kolkata, Oct 7 (IANS) West Bengal Pradesh Congress president Manas Bhuniya and former Lok Sabha speaker Somnath Chatterjee Thursday lashed out at the Trinamool Congress without naming it and said political differences should not turn into enmity and no one should cross the line of decency.
“In politics there can be political differences but no one should cross the line of decency. Having political differences do not turn other party leaders into untouchables. There can be political differences but these should not turn into enmity,” Manas Bhuniya said while addressing a programme here.
The programme was organised to rename New Town as Jyoti Basu Nagar and to lay the foundation stone of the Jyoti Basu Shishu Udyan.
Railway Minister Mamata Banerjee and Mayor Sovon Chatterjee were invited but they didn’t turn up, said Minister of State for Information and Cultural Affairs Samrendranath Bera.
West Bengal Housing Minister Goutam Deb said he had personally called up Trinamool Congress (TC) leader Subrata Mukherjee and Mayor Chatterjee to the programme, but they said that they couldn’t come as it was against their party’s stand. Deb also said he didn’t get any response from TC supremo Mamata Banerjee.
“Jyoti Basu was a great leader. He was a symbol of decency. There are political differences but these differences should not cross the line of decency,” said Somnath Chatterjee.
Earlier this year during several railway programmes in the state, Mamata Banerjee had chosen to keep out Bhattacharjee and his state ministerial colleagues at bay.
The state’s ruling Left Front had then criticised Banerjee’s actions as unconstitutional.
- Bengal parties on foundation stone-laying, inauguration spree - Feb 27, 2011
- Congress, Left slam Mamata on bunglow's renaming - Dec 29, 2011
- Men who will matter in Mamata's Bengal - May 13, 2011
- Left pays homage to Jyoti Basu on the road (Lead) - Jul 08, 2012
- Mamata takes over Bengal reins, walks history road (Roundup) - May 20, 2011
- Mamata tsunami sweeps away 34 years of Left rule in Bengal (Night Roundup) - May 14, 2011
- Congress jealous of our success: Trinamool - Jan 05, 2012
- Scripted for success: Mamata's life on stage - May 19, 2011
- Any which way, Bengal braces for historic verdict - May 12, 2011
- Basu's birth anniversary celebrated across Bengal - Jul 08, 2011
- Mamata tsunami sweeps away 34 years of Left rule in Bengal (Roundup) - May 13, 2011
- Congress dubs Trinamool 'BJP stooge', asked to leave ministry (Lead) - Jan 04, 2012
- Kalam should not contest presidential poll: Somnath - Jun 16, 2012
- Jolted by Trinamool, Congress to discuss developments - Mar 18, 2011
- Somnath gets campaign call from CPI-M minister - Apr 14, 2011
Tags: bhattacharjee, congress president, cultural affairs, decency, enmity, foundation stone, housing minister, Lok Sabha, mamata banerjee, manas, minister of state, ministerial colleagues, party leaders, political differences, railway minister, shishu, somnath chatterjee, subrata mukherjee, trinamool congress, west bengal