Mamata wishes people on EidAugust 19th, 2012 - 11:44 pm ICT by IANS
Kolkata, Aug 19 (IANS) Greeting people on the eve of Eid-ul-Fitr, West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee Sunday called for promoting universal brotherhood and strengthening the bond between individuals and communities.
“The celebration will be more meaningful if all of us practice and promote universal brotherhood and strengthen the bond between individuals and communities,” the chief minister said in a post on her Facebook page.
Banerjee said the festival was very close to her heart.
West Bengal Left Front chairman Biman Bose called for protecting the atmosphereof peace and harmony across the country as well in its north eastern parts including Assam.
Condemning the rumours which have triggered mass exodus of people of the northeast from the western and southern parts of the country, Bose urged the people not to pay attention to the rumours and maintain peace and harmony.
The LF chairman urged the people to bring out processions stressing on peace and harmony during the festival.
- Mamata airs concern over northeast people's exodus - Aug 20, 2012
- President, PM greet nation on Eid (Lead) - Aug 19, 2012
- President, prime minister greet nation on Eid (Lead) - Aug 30, 2011
- Dikshit greets people on Eid eve - Sep 10, 2010
- Assam celebrates Eid with fervour - Aug 31, 2011
- Hindus join Muslims in celebrating Eid in Odisha - Aug 20, 2012
- Protesters block roads; Mamata, Left Front appeal for peace - Mar 21, 2012
- Left Front blames Mamata government for Terai-Dooars violence - Apr 26, 2012
- PM greets nation on Eid - Sep 20, 2009
- Eid celebrated with traditional fervour in Uttar Pradesh - Aug 20, 2012
- President Mukherjee greets nation on Eid - Aug 19, 2012
- Promote tolerance, repulse extremism: Zardari - Aug 20, 2012
- Communists have no moral right to honour Netaji: Mamata - Jan 23, 2012
- Zardari, Gilani greet Pakistanis on Eid - Aug 30, 2011
- Trinamool indulging in 'partycracy': Left Front - Jul 28, 2011