Mamata wins Kolkata SouthMay 16th, 2009 - 9:49 pm ICT by IANS
Kolkata, May 16 (IANS) Trinamool Congress supremo Mamata Banerjee registered her sixth consecutive victory from the Kolkata South Lok Sabha seat, trouncing her nearest rival, Rabin Deb of Communist Party of India-Marxist (CPI-M) by 219,571 votes.
Banerjee, who has been winning from this seat since 1991, had defeated Deb in 2004 also.
Banerjee, who created a sensation by stunning CPI-M veteran Somnath Chatterjee in Jadavpur constituency on her electoral debut in 1984, shifted to Kolkata South after losing to Malini Bhattacharya in 1989.
- Mamata's pet Lok Sabha seat goes to polls - Nov 29, 2011
- Over 51 percent vote in Kolkata South by-poll - Nov 30, 2011
- Trinamool retains Kolkata South with massive margin - Dec 04, 2011
- CPI-M student leader to contest Kolkata South by-poll - Nov 03, 2011
- Bypoll to South Kolkata Lok Sabha seat Nov 30 - Nov 01, 2011
- Trinamool fields Subrata Bakshi for Lok Sabha by-poll - Nov 02, 2011
- Mamata resigns from Lok Sabha - Oct 08, 2011
- Mamata Banerjee: Timeline of an intrepid politician - May 20, 2011
- Low key birthday as Mamata turns 57 - Jan 05, 2012
- Scripted for success: Mamata's life on stage - May 19, 2011
- Mamata: the single-woman army who crushed the mighty Left - May 13, 2011
- Bypoll win to inspire government to work more: Mamata - Dec 04, 2011
- Mamata visits Somnath Chatterjee - May 18, 2011
- OK if Somnath campaigns for CPI-M, says Yechury - Apr 15, 2011
- Peaceful voting, 80 percent turnout in Bengal (Intro Roundup) - Apr 28, 2011
Tags: bhattacharya, communist party of india, communist party of india marxist, consecutive victory, constituency, CPI, deb, debut, kolkata, Lok Sabha, mamata banerjee, rabin, sensation, somnath chatterjee, trinamool congress