Mamata to attend UPA coordination panel meeting Aug 22August 18th, 2012 - 9:12 pm ICT by IANS
Kolkata, Aug 18 (IANS) West Bengal Chief Minister and Trinamool Congress leader Mamata Banerjee will attend the meeting of the UPA coordination committee Aug 22, party leader and Railway Minister Mukul Roy said here Saturday.
Interacting with the media after an 80-minute meeting between Banerjee and Defence Minister A.K. Antony at the state secretariat, Writers’ Buildings, Roy said: “Yes, she will attend the meeting.”
Antony, who is now the official number two in the centre’s ruling UPA dispensation, called on Banerjee as an emissary of Prime Minister Manmohan Singh and requested her to attend the coordination panel meeting.
The two leaders are also understood to have discussed FDI in retail, forward trading and an economic package for the debt-ridden state, secretariat sources said.
The meeting comes three days after the prime minister, in his Independence Day address, said inability to create an environment within the country for rapid economic growth was due to “a lack of political consensus on many issues”.
“Time has now come to view the issues which affect our development processes as matters of national security,” he had added.
- UPA coordination panel holds first meeting - Aug 09, 2012
- President polls: Congress hopes for Mamata's support - May 03, 2012
- UPA to meet thrice a week to decide parliament strategy - Mar 21, 2012
- Mamata attends UPA coordination panel meeting (Lead) - Aug 23, 2012
- UPA coordination committee to meet Aug 8 (Lead) - Aug 06, 2012
- Mamata-Antony meeting on important Bengal projects - Aug 18, 2012
- Mamata attends UPA coordination panel meet - Aug 22, 2012
- Trinamool to continue opposition to FDI in retail - Aug 10, 2012
- Trinamool still silent on vice president - Jul 14, 2012
- BJP seeks Mamata's support on coal blocks issue - Aug 22, 2012
- Mamata trying to acquire all-India stature? - Dec 30, 2011
- No loss of face in decision to pause FDI in retail: Congress - Dec 07, 2011
- Petrol prices will be raised after presidential poll: Mamata - Jun 29, 2012
- Vice president poll: UPA renominates Ansari, BJP bracing for contest (Roundup) - Jul 15, 2012
- Mamata to discuss NCTC, Teesta pact with PM Wednesday - Feb 21, 2012
Tags: congress leader, coordination committee, coordination panel, defence minister, development processes, dispensation, economic package, emissary, mamata banerjee, manmohan, manmohan singh, mukul, political consensus, prime minister manmohan, prime minister manmohan singh, railway minister, rapid economic growth, state secretariat, trinamool congress, west bengal