Mamata terms CPI-M ‘cowards’October 7th, 2010 - 12:05 am ICT by IANS
Midnapore (West Bengal), Oct 6 (IANS) Trinamool Congress chief Mamata Banerjee Wednesday termed the Communist Party of India-Marxist (CPI-M) “cowards” who couldn’t fight her politically and were therefore using guns to terrorise the people.
At a massive rally in Midnapore town of West Bengal’s West Midnapore district, Banerjee announced that from Thursday, the Trinamool would take to the streets to demand the withdrawal of the joint forces from the district.
Banerjee also assured tribals of the Lalgarh-Jhargram areas that all the “false cases” will be withdrawn from the area after her party comes to power in the state.
She also said that Trinamool workers and supporters, who were arrested by the police from the area, will be released after the assembly elections.
“We have information the police have framed several villagers in false cases. If the cases are not withdrawn, we will opt for a sit-in demonstration in Delhi soon. Moreover, all cases will be withdrawn after the elections,” said Banerjee.
Predicting the results of the forthcoming assembly elections in the state, Banerjee said: “We will resist the goons of CPI-M with people standing with us.”
Reiterating her stand on the withdrawal of the central forces from the Maoist affected areas and revoking the prohibitory orders from Lalgarh, Banerjee said: “By clamping the prohibitory orders, the CPI-M government is running the camp of harmads (hooligans) in these areas. I have directed Mukul Roy, Subhendu Adhikari and Sisir Adhikari to start movement from tomorrow (Thursday) onwards to withdraw the central forces from Junglemahal (Maoist dominated forested areas of West Midnapore, Bankura and Purulia).”
“If required, my MPs will start demonstrating in parliament soon. The joint forces have to be withdrawn from the area,” she added.
“I have information that the CPI-M leaders have planned to eliminate me. They have tried to do it earlier also. They can try to kill me but people will always block their path. Moreover, by killing me - they cannot finish Trinamool,” Banerjee said.
- 75,000 opposition workers killed during Left rule: Mamata - May 02, 2011
- Trinamool claims two workers hurt by CPI-M men - Oct 13, 2010
- Mamata challenges Buddhadeb to fight polls from Lalgarh - Oct 30, 2010
- CPI-M killing people in name of Maoists: Mamata - Oct 23, 2010
- Mamata demands pull back of forces from Lalgarh - Sep 25, 2010
- Mamata talks of resignation, then backtracks - Dec 23, 2010
- Mamata leads procession with bodies of Lalgarh victims - Jan 08, 2011
- Maoists using CPI-M guns to kill: Mamata - Sep 20, 2011
- Fourth round of Bengal polls: Spotlight on Singur, Nandigram - May 02, 2011
- Three CPI-M offices torched in West Bengal - Sep 07, 2010
- Trinamool accuses CPI (M), police of harassing and arresting party workers - Oct 14, 2010
- Second generation politicians contest Bengal polls - May 04, 2011
- Large turnout amid sporadic violence in Bengal civic polls (Lead) - Jun 03, 2012
- Trinamool wins in Bengal's political flashpoints - May 16, 2011
- CRPF to stay in Bengal till Maoists flushed out: Vijay Kumar (Lead) - Oct 20, 2010
Tags: adhikari, assembly elections, bankura, communist party of india, communist party of india marxist, cowards, CPI, forthcoming assembly, goons, hooligans, mamata banerjee, maoist, massive rally, midnapore district, mps, purulia, sisir, tribals, trinamool congress chief, west bengal