Mamata takes out road show against hoochDecember 30th, 2011 - 11:48 pm ICT by IANS
Kolkata, Dec 30 (IANS) West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee Friday led a road show to create awareness against the ills of moonshine, which killed 171 people in the state earlier this month.
Banerjee along with other eminent personalities of the city and hundreds of men and women marched from College Square to Gandhi statue in Maidan area.
“Along with the administrative steps, the problem needs to be addressed socially too. We all should lead a healthy life,” Banerjee said
The Trinamool leadership accused the previous Left Front government of “pampering” the hooch trade in the state.
“The previous government has pampered all kinds of illegal activities and hooch trade in the state,” said Firhad Hakim, urban development minister.
Earlier, senior state government ministers had accused the Marxists and their supporters as the main culprits behind the hooch catastrophe in the South 24 Parganas district.
- Mamata to lead rally against illegal liquor Dec 30 - Dec 23, 2011
- West Bengal hooch deaths rise to 171, official suspended (Roundup) - Dec 16, 2011
- Hooch sellers want financial package from Mamata - Dec 22, 2011
- Hooch tragedy triggers familiar political blame game (West Bengal Newsletter) - Dec 18, 2011
- Hooch sellers to be helped into alternate trade: Mamata - Dec 23, 2011
- Two Bengal CPI-M leaders killed, Left blames Trinamool (Lead) - Feb 22, 2012
- Congress free to leave ministry: Trinamool - Jun 16, 2012
- Two Bengal CPI-M leaders killed, Mamata terms it infighting (Second Lead) - Feb 23, 2012
- Mamata slams media for abetting suicides, rapes - Aug 25, 2012
- Congress urges Mamata to reconsider renaming Indira Bhavan - Dec 31, 2011
- Congress dubs Trinamool 'BJP stooge', asked to leave ministry (Lead) - Jan 04, 2012
- Left Front walks out of all-party meeting on hooch - Dec 19, 2011
- Many deaths in hooch tragedy due to government's negligence: Left - Dec 17, 2011
- WB Congress demands CBI probe in Hooch tragedy - Dec 17, 2011
- Mamata leads candle light vigil for AMRI victims - Dec 13, 2011
Tags: administrative steps, catastrophe, chief minister, culprits, development minister, eminent personalities, gandhi statue, hakim, hooch, illegal activities, ills, leadership, mamata banerjee, marxists, men and women, moonshine, state government ministers, urban development, west bengal