Mamata slams Left for questioning her performanceJanuary 12th, 2012 - 10:03 pm ICT by IANS
West Midnapore (West Bengal), Jan 12 (IANS) West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee slammed the opposition Thursday, saying it had no right to question the performance of her seven-month-old government.
“Are you not ashamed of seeking answers in just six-seven months? For 35 years you have done nothing. Seek answers only after 35 years, and I will give you all the answers,” she thundered at a public rally at Jhargram in this district.
Accusing the erstwhile Left Front regime of inefficiency, Banerjee said her government was not sitting idle.
She asked the people of Junglemahal, the forested areas where Maoists have a presence, not to fear the rebels.
She announced a number of projects for Junglemahal and ordered officials concerned to ensure that the projects were implemented efficiently.
“Of the promised 19,000 bicycles to students in the area, 9,000 have been distributed. Of the six lakh ration cards promised, more than two lakh have been distributed. I have kept all the promises I have made.”
- Bengal aims at 60 days work under rural jobs scheme - Apr 24, 2012
- Mamata announces sops for Maoist-hit zone (Lead) - Jul 12, 2011
- Arms or talks? Choose in seven days, Mamata tells Maoists - Oct 15, 2011
- Four Maoists surrender before Mamata - Jan 12, 2012
- Mamata waves magic wand in Maoist heartland - Jul 12, 2011
- Maoist put up posters threatening Trinamool leaders - Oct 17, 2011
- Maoist sympathisers doubt Mamata's commitment to peace talks - Oct 15, 2011
- Trinamool leader killed by Maoists - Sep 20, 2011
- Mamata Banerjee to visit Maoist hotbeds - Jul 10, 2011
- Maoists demand Mamata's written commitment on talks - Oct 29, 2011
- Mamata sees peace in Maoist area, warns guerrillas (West Bengal Newsletter) - Aug 11, 2012
- Food sops for tribals in Bengal's Maoist-affected areas - Jul 13, 2011
- Another Maoist couple surrenders in Bengal - Feb 07, 2012
- Hasten industrialisation, Mamata tells state machinery - Jun 18, 2011
- Will keep railway ministry, resolve insurgency: Mamata - May 13, 2011
Tags: 35 years, bicycles, chief minister, forested areas, inefficiency, jhargram, lakh, mamata banerjee, maoists, midnapore, opposition, presence, promises, public rally, ration cards, rebels, regime, seven months, west bengal