Mamata relaxing after presenting a spirited budgetFebruary 26th, 2011 - 4:13 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Feb 26 (IANS) A day after Railway Minister Mamata Banerjee presented the rail budget in parliament Friday, the spirited lady relaxed at home and relished the weekend. The 90-minute animated presentation Friday in the Lok Sabha had left the minister weary but she was calm and relaxing at home Saturday, according to officials posted at her residence and office.
“She got a bit tired yesterday (Friday) as you also know that it was a hectic day for her,” said one of Banerjee’s guards standing next to her humble blue Maruti Zen parked in a shed amid several Mercedes and BMWs sporting red beacons.
“But now she is relaxing,” he added.
Banerjee resides on the fourth floor of the posh M.S. flats on Baba Kharag Singh Marg in central Delhi opposite the Ram Manohar Lohia Hospital.
When asked about the minister’s departure back home to Kolkata, an official at her residence told IANS: “Nothing has been finalised. We will move according to the minister’s wish, which could be next week or the week that follows.”
According to the official, the minister had a simple home cooked dinner and went to bed after the meal Friday. “It was a dinner consisting of lentils, subzi (vegetable), rice and chapatis.”
- Minor gangraped in moving van, one held (Lead) - Jul 05, 2011
- Nupur Talwar stands in jail queue for lunch (Lead) - May 01, 2012
- Mamata Banerjee's mother dies (Second Lead) - Dec 17, 2011
- Indian Christmas with desi fusion fare - Dec 23, 2011
- Sonia refuses red beacon for car - May 23, 2012
- Mamata's mother passes away, condolences pour in (Roundup) - Dec 17, 2011
- Passenger amenities are Mamata's top priority - Jun 07, 2009
- Politicians, people call on bereaved Mamata - Dec 18, 2011
- Five stabbed by unidentified assailants in Lucknow - Mar 31, 2012
- Punjab issues instructions on use of red beacons - Jun 07, 2012
- Mamata Banerjee's mother dies (Lead) - Dec 17, 2011
- Ticket sales begin for Republic Day Parade - Jan 09, 2012
- E. Ahamed's relative stabbed - Mar 15, 2012
- Mamata enjoys relaxing day at Sundarbans - Feb 02, 2012
- Mamata, Karunanidhi to skip UPA dinner - May 22, 2012
Tags: animated presentation, baba, beacons, bmws, budget, central delhi, chapatis, lentils, Lok Sabha, mamata banerjee, marg, maruti zen, mercedes, New Delhi, parliament, railway minister, ram manohar lohia hospital, shed, vegetable rice