Mamata mouths lies, says CPI-M leaderSeptember 13th, 2012 - 7:50 pm ICT by IANS
Kolkata, Sep 13 (IANS) Accusing West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee of misleading the people of the state, Communist Party of India-Marxist (CPI-M) leader Gautam Deb Thursday said the wrong policies of the Trinamool Congress-led state government had caused disenchantment among the masses.
“She lives near the famous Kalighat temple. I have heard that she is very religious. I can’t understand how she can mislead the people like this. Everyday, she claims that the government has created six lakh jobs, that is a big lie,” said Deb, addressing media persons.
He said that because of its policies, people are already disenchanted with the government that assumed power in May 2011.
“The disenchantment has already started. Since the new government came to power, not a single factory or industry has come up in the state,” Deb claimed.
Deb also came down on the government for not allowing the opposition to hold rallies.
“The state government has not allowed us to hold rallies. This tendency is not only dangerous, but also undemocratic,” Deb said.
- Will be a responsible opposition: CPI-M - May 13, 2011
- Open to probe on land acquisition: Bengal minister - Nov 23, 2010
- Congress dubs Trinamool 'BJP stooge', asked to leave ministry (Lead) - Jan 04, 2012
- Personal abuse and attacks mar Bengal poll campaign - May 11, 2011
- Hold your horses, Bengal minister tells taxi, bus owners (Lead) - Sep 14, 2012
- Roll back petrol hike: Mamata - May 26, 2012
- Trinamool will be formidable force nationally, says Mamata - Aug 25, 2012
- Mamata tsunami sweeps away 34 years of Left rule in Bengal (Night Roundup) - May 14, 2011
- Trinamool retains Kolkata South with massive margin - Dec 04, 2011
- Mamata warns against politics over Assamese refugees - Jul 28, 2012
- Amartya Sen denies recommending impersonator for government job - Apr 26, 2012
- Buddhadeb slams centre, West Bengal government - Aug 26, 2012
- WB polls: Gautam Deb accuses Mamata of bribing candidates - Apr 17, 2011
- Both Congress and Trinamool are sinking ships: CPI-M - Apr 27, 2012
- Let Congress decide on alliance: Mamata - Nov 19, 2011
Tags: big lie, chief minister, communist party of india, communist party of india marxist, CPI, deb, gautam, kalighat temple, lakh jobs, mamata banerjee, media persons, mouths, opposition, rallies, state government, tendency, trinamool congress, west bengal