Mamata meets Sonia to discuss presidential pollJune 13th, 2012 - 6:00 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, June 13 (IANS) West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee Wednesday met Congress president Sonia Gandhi to discuss who would be the United Progressive Alliance’s choice for the president.
Banerjee, who met Gandhi at her 10 Janpath residence, is expected to put forward her list of favourites for the job. The meeting is considered to be crucial, given the fact that the Trinamool Congress is a key ally of the UPA.
The presidential elections will be held on July 19. The last date for filing nominations for the post is June 30.
- Sonia has hectic day over presidential poll talks (Lead) - Jun 14, 2012
- Pranab Mukherjee is Congress's first choice for president (Lead) - Jun 13, 2012
- Sonia meets Congress leaders, DMK (Lead) - Jun 14, 2012
- Presidential poll: Mamata meets Sonia as Congress seeks UPA consensus (Lead) - May 03, 2012
- Would desperate Mamata be able to save face in another battle? (West Bengal newsletter) - Jul 14, 2012
- Mamata to meet Sonia on presidential choice Wednesday (Lead) - Jun 12, 2012
- Presidential poll: Priority to evolve consensus, says Congress - May 03, 2012
- UPA playing checkmate game on presidential choice: BJP - Jun 14, 2012
- Will support UPA candidate: Pawar - Jun 14, 2012
- No link between president poll, financial package: Mamata - Jun 13, 2012
- Countdown to Mamata's dramatic announcement - Jun 13, 2012
- India's next president: still mired in uncertainty (Roundup) - Jun 14, 2012
- Presidential poll: Pranab, Sangma to file papers Thursday - Jun 27, 2012
- We can't spare Manmohan Singh, says Congress (Lead) - Jun 14, 2012
- Dinesh Trivedi congratulates Pranab - Jun 16, 2012
Tags: ally, chief minister, congress president sonia gandhi, favourites, job, last date, mamata banerjee, New Delhi, presidential elections, presidential poll, progressive alliance, trinamool congress, UPA, west bengal