Mamata is still our ally: Janardan DwivediJune 14th, 2012 - 8:49 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, June 14 (IANS) The Congress Thursday said Trinamool Congress chief Mamata Banerjee was still an ally, hours after it snubbed the West Bengal chief minister for suggesting Prime Minister Manmohan Singh’s name for the presidential polls.
“Mamata is still our ally,” Congress leader Janardan Dwivedi told reporters here amid speculation of Banerjee skipping the United Progressive Alliance’s (UPA) meeting scheduled at 11 a.m. Friday.
The Congress had earlier rejected the names of three candidates suggested by the Trinamool and Samajwadi Party.
- Congress hopeful Mamata, Mulayam can be persuaded - Jun 14, 2012
- Cornered Congress to 'reach out' to smaller parties (Second Lead) - Jun 14, 2012
- Congress hopes Mamata will support Pranab - Jun 15, 2012
- Presidential poll: No name finalised, says Congress - Jun 09, 2012
- Speculation on Pranab's candidature grows after Bengal leader's pitch (Lead) - Jun 10, 2012
- We can't spare Manmohan Singh, says Congress (Lead) - Jun 14, 2012
- Sonia has hectic day over presidential poll talks (Lead) - Jun 14, 2012
- Sonia to select Congress presidential candidate - Jun 04, 2012
- Mukherjee will now win by bigger margin, says Congress - Jul 17, 2012
- Mamata to skip UPA meet, dares Congress to snap ties (Lead) - Jun 14, 2012
- Advani, Jayalalithaa to 'coordinate' on presidential polls (Lead) - Jun 14, 2012
- Countdown to Mamata's dramatic announcement - Jun 13, 2012
- Dinesh Trivedi congratulates Pranab - Jun 16, 2012
- Would desperate Mamata be able to save face in another battle? (West Bengal newsletter) - Jul 14, 2012
- Manmohan's name for presidency a Congress gimmick: CPI - Jun 13, 2012
Tags: ally, chief minister, congress leader, june 14, mamata banerjee, manmohan, manmohan singh, New Delhi, presidential polls, prime minister manmohan, prime minister manmohan singh, progressive alliance, speculation, trinamool congress chief, UPA, west bengal