Mamata hits back at BuddhadebSeptember 1st, 2010 - 11:57 pm ICT by IANS
Kolkata, Sept 1 (IANS) A day after West Bengal Chief Minister Buddhadeb Bhattacharjee accused Mamata Banerjee of telling “blatant lies”, the Trinamool Congress chief Wednesday hit back, saying she would never use such language as she believed in courteous behaviour.
“Each leader of the Left Front is a ratna (jewel), I know their language. I am not as educated as them but I know courtesy,” said Banerjee.
Banerjee was addressing a rally at Bagha Jatin of South 24 Parganas district to protest Communist Party of India-Marxist (CPI-M)-sponsored atrocities on Trinamool activists.
“The CPI-M leaders are expert in enacting drama based on false and fabricated issues. For the last 34 years they are killing people across the state scientifically. We are clueless about the death of many people,” she said.
“Every day two-three people are being killed in Junglemahal (the Maoist affected forested areas of West Midnapore, Purulia and Bankura districts). But the actual figure is higher and that number is beyond our comprehension,” said Banerjee.
“CPI-M leaders are supplying arms to their cadres in Junglemahal to recapture the villages in the name of anti-Maoist operation by joint forces. The CPI-M leaders have even threatened to beat people black and blue if they join Trinamool,” alleged Banerjee.
The Trinamool chief urged people not to be frightened as the situation in the state will change soon.
She also criticised the chief minister for blaming her for frequent train dacoities.
“Law and order is a state subject. Why should the railway minister be blamed for dacoities? It is also the responsibility of the state government to ensure security of the passengers.”
She also criticised the Bhattacharjee government for abdicating its responsibility to provide security to metro railway passengers.
“On the one hand they are blaming the railway minister with regard to railway passengers’ security. At the same time they are not doing their duty,” said Banerjee.
In a virtual personal attack on the railway minister in a rally Tuesday Bhattacherjee described as “blatant lies” her allegations that the CPI-M was responsible for the fire in Kolkata’s Stephen Court building in March and the twin railway tragedies at Jhargram and Sainthia in May and July respectively.
The state, ruled uninterruptedly by the CPI-M led Left Front since 1977, is slated to hold assembly polls next year in the backdrop of a series of electoral debacles suffered by the Left Front.
- Buddhadeb attacks Mamata for unreal job promises - Sep 15, 2011
- Buddhadeb slams centre, West Bengal government - Aug 26, 2012
- Mamata rally puts Congress-Trinamool in poll mode - Jul 21, 2010
- Lalgarh meeting under apolitical banner: Mamata - Aug 01, 2010
- Buddhadeb wants mass protest against Trinamool - Sep 09, 2012
- Bengal: Intellectuals protest killing of CPI-M leaders - Feb 24, 2012
- Buddhadeb is 'shame' of democracy, says Trinamool - Mar 24, 2011
- It's Buddha versus Mamata again in Bengal - Feb 29, 2012
- As Mamata says 'all cooked up', Marxists hit road (West Bengal Newsletter) - Mar 04, 2012
- Buddhadeb is 'father of Maoists,' says Mamata Banerjee - Feb 01, 2011
- Political blame game begins over West Bengal rail accident - Jul 19, 2010
- CPI-M says it is not a one-man party - Apr 13, 2011
- Buddhadeb accuses UPA of withholding state's rightful dues - Aug 31, 2010
- Will be a responsible opposition: CPI-M - May 13, 2011
- Mamata U-turn: Blames CPI-M for Gyaneshwari train tragedy - Feb 19, 2012
Tags: banerjee, bankura, bhattacharjee, chief minister, communist party of india, communist party of india marxist, courteous behaviour, CPI, jatin, kolkata, law and order, maoist, metro railway, midnapore, purulia, railway minister, railway passengers, state subject, trinamool congress chief, west bengal