Mamata has affinity to US policies: LeftAugust 30th, 2012 - 7:22 pm ICT by IANS
Kolkata, Aug 30 (IANS) Questioning West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee’s claim of being a “true leftist”, the Left Front Thursday said she instead has affinity to the capitalist policies of the US.
“Sometimes she claims that she is a true leftist. She used the words used by the Left leaders, uses the songs used by the Left leaders to prove her claim. But how can a person be a true leftist when she invites US President Barack Obama to a state festival,” asked Left Front chairman Biman Bose.
During US Secretary of State Hillary Clinton’s visit to Kolkata in May, Banerjee invited Obama to the youth festival scheduled to be held in Kolkata in January 2013.
Bose also cited Clinton’s visit to Kolkata as an example of Banerjee’s closeness with the US.
“Have you even seen since independence that a US secretary of state is coming down to Kolkata to visit the state’s chief minister? It is totally unprecedented. It only proves Banerjee’s affinity and vice-versa towards US,” said Bose.
- Biman takes a dig at Mamata over FDI issue - May 09, 2012
- Mamata invites Obama to Kolkata - May 07, 2012
- Did Mamata-Hillary talk about foreign investment in retail? (West Bengal Newsletter) - May 13, 2012
- Farmers' suicide could trigger food crisis: Biman Bose - Jan 22, 2012
- Politicians, people call on bereaved Mamata - Dec 18, 2011
- Buddhadeb slams Mamata for inviting Obama - Sep 01, 2012
- Accept mistake about Maoists, Biman tells Mamata - Oct 16, 2011
- Mamata wishes people on Eid - Aug 19, 2012
- Left Front leaders to attend Mamata's swearing-in - May 20, 2011
- Hillary Clinton arrives in Kolkata (Lead) - May 06, 2012
- Mamata Banerjee's mother dies (Second Lead) - Dec 17, 2011
- Some of Mamata's policies identical to Left's: Forward Bloc - Jan 19, 2012
- Centre should take steps to tackle Assam problem: Left - Jul 27, 2012
- Bengal government should cut petrol tax: Left Front - May 25, 2012
- CPI-M seeks probe into Trinamool 'black money' - Apr 20, 2011
Tags: , , , , , , , , ,