Mamata government celebrating anniversary of misrule: CPI-MMay 20th, 2012 - 6:45 pm ICT by IANS
Kolkata, May 20 (IANS) The Communist Party of India- Marxist (CPI-M) Sunday mocked Trinamool Congress-led West Bengal government’s anniversary celebrations and dubbed them as an “anniversary of misrule”.
“The state government is spending crores of rupees to spread awareness about the achievement of the one year old government. Approximately it is spending Rs.20 crores for this gala festival. But on the other hand for the last one year they have been saying that the state lack funds to carry on developmental projects,” said an editorial published in CPI-M mouthpiece “Ganashakti”.
“A section of state government employees and transport workers are not getting their salaries and pensions. The state government is claiming that there has been huge surge in the investment sector. But the fact is all the industrial projects that the new government has inaugurated wer eundertaken during the left rule,” the editorial said.
It also pointed out the discrepancies in figures given by Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee and Industry Minister Partha Chatterjee regarding the amount of investment in the state.
“The chief minister is saying that state has signed pacts entailing an investment of Rs.80,000 crore, whereas the industry minister claimed that investment worth one lakh crore will take place in the state. Nobody knows the real truth,” the Bengali daily said.
The editorial also criticised the government for the ongoing trail of farmer suicides in the state, and the law and order situation.
“Around 53 farmers have committed suicides in the last one year due to their inability in repaying loans. Professors and principals have been harassed by Trinamool supporters. The goons have become more active due to the inactiveness of police.”
“People from all the sections of the society are experiencing the breakdown of law and order. The people from their experience are realising that the state has witnessed the anniversary of misrule,” it added.
- CPI-M, Congress question Mamata's felicitation of KKR (Lead) - May 30, 2012
- Mamata trying to gag opposition: CPI-M - Feb 12, 2012
- Mamata's stubbornness blocking investment: CPI-M - Jan 17, 2012
- CPI-M questions Mamata's felicitation of KKR - May 30, 2012
- CPI-M mocks Mamata's industrial revolution remark - Nov 01, 2011
- CPI-M ridicules Mamata for 'record' number of inquiry panels - Sep 02, 2012
- CPI-M slams UPA's idea of 'Har Hath Mein Phone' - Aug 12, 2012
- Karat assails Mamata regime over 'misrule', farmers' suicides - Jan 20, 2012
- CPI-M slams Trinamool for sidelining Congress - Jan 09, 2012
- Buddhadeb hits out at Trinamool over Infosys imbroglio - Aug 05, 2012
- CPI-M blames Congress, Trinamool for Bengal farmer suicides - Jan 06, 2012
- CPI-M mocks at PM's initiatives to tackle corruption - Jan 02, 2012
- Mamata, governor differ on farm suicides (Lead) - Jan 24, 2012
- 'CPI-M, Maoists, teachers trying to stop development' (Lead) - Apr 29, 2012
- What happened to small ministry promise, CPI-M asks Mamata - May 22, 2011
Tags: anniversary celebrations, banerjee, chief minister, communist party of india, communist party of india marxist, crore, developmental projects, gala festival, goons, industrial projects, industry minister, investment sector, investment worth, pacts, partha chatterjee, real truth, state government employees, transport workers, trinamool congress, west bengal government