Mamata expresses shock on FDI notificationSeptember 21st, 2012 - 12:42 am ICT by IANS
Kolkata, Sep 20 (IANS) West Bengal Chief Minister and Trinamool Congress chief Mamata Banerjee Thursday expressed shock over the central government notifying FDI in retail, and questioned the creditability of the government which is now in a minority.
“Shocking at midnight I have just come to know through media that central government has notified FDI in retail today. Is it ethical, moral and democratic for a minority government to issue Government order forcefully and hurriedly, when massive protest against it is taking place across the country?,” Banerjee posted on Facebook.
Questioning the credibility of the government, she said the move defied democratic tradition especially when then union finance minister Pranab Mukherjee had given a statement “seeking consensus of all stakeholders before taking the decision”.
“It is not understandable as to what has prompted the present minority government to take a hurried decision on such an important issue which touches the livelihood of millions of common people,” she wrote.
Showing resolve for reforms, the central government Thursday notified its decision to allow global retail giants like Walmart to open stores in India, on a day several political parties called a country wide shutdown to protest against the policy.
- Strike was on genuine issues, got people's support: Mamata - Sep 21, 2012
- PM responsible for parliament logjam: Gurudas Dasgupta - Dec 06, 2011
- BJP protests in Jharkhad over FDI in retail - Nov 28, 2011
- Strike against FDI in retail affects life in Tripura - Dec 01, 2011
- Shutdown against FDI gets good response in Jharkhand - Dec 01, 2011
- Trinamool to go on nationwide stir against diesel hike, FDI - Sep 19, 2012
- Court notice to Bharti Walmart - Jul 11, 2012
- Trinamool's pull-out vindicates our strike call: Left - Sep 19, 2012
- India allows FDI in multi-brand retail - Sep 14, 2012
- BJP questions government contention on FDI in retail (Lead) - Sep 17, 2012
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,