Mamata asks regional parties not to team up with CPI-MMarch 12th, 2009 - 9:50 pm ICT by IANS
Kolkata, March 12 (IANS) West Bengal’s main opposition party Trinamool Congress Thursday urged regional parties to desist from forging an alliance at the national level with the Communist Party of India-Marxist (CPI-M).
“I appeal to all the regional parties not to go with the CPI-M for any political alliance,” Banerjee told reporters here while announcing her party’s candidate list for the Lok Sabha elections.
Criticising CPI-M’s role in Nandigram and Singur in the state, she said: “Wherever the party goes, it will be hounded by Singur and Nandigram. It is a dangerous party. It will finish the entire country.”
She was referring to troubles in Nandigram and Singur over acquisition of farmland to set up industries.
While conceding that it was up to the regional parties to decide who they will align with, Banerjee said: “I respect those who are associated with the regional parties. But they should know that the CPI-M is now politically bankrupt and tired. It is suffering from an identity crisis.
“It has given nothing to the people of West Bengal during its 32-year rule in the state. Now what will this party offer to the people of this country after forming a third front,” she asked.
- Trinamool wins in Bengal's political flashpoints - May 16, 2011
- Fourth round of Bengal polls: Spotlight on Singur, Nandigram - May 02, 2011
- Mamata's swearing-in: Singur, Netai victims' kin invited - May 19, 2011
- Trinamool Congress plans own TV news channel - Dec 30, 2010
- Mamata lashes out at Congress, takes a dig at PM (Lead) - Jan 30, 2012
- Trinamool misled rural Bengal: Buddhadeb Bhattacharjee - Apr 30, 2011
- Maoists call for poll boycott - Apr 11, 2011
- We support Mamata, she should quit cabinet: Maoists - Jan 04, 2011
- If bribed, buy biryani but don't give vote: Mamata - Apr 10, 2011
- Intellectuals flay Mamata for Nandigram 'injustice' - Nov 10, 2011
- Intellectuals close to Trinamool congratulate Mamata - May 14, 2011
- Mamata Banerjee: Timeline of an intrepid politician - May 20, 2011
- Mamata takes over Bengal reins, walks history road (Roundup) - May 20, 2011
- Trinamool cooperated with Maoists in Nandigram: Party MP - Jan 08, 2011
- Trinamool now to take fight against Left to Tripura - Jul 23, 2011
Tags: acquisition, banerjee, communist party of india, communist party of india marxist, congress, CPI, farmland, identity crisis, kolkata, lok sabha elections, main opposition party, nandigram, political alliance, regional parties, singur, west bengal