Mamata asks MCA to reconsider ban on SRKMay 18th, 2012 - 6:58 pm ICT by IANS
Kolkata, May 18 (IANS) Standing by Shah Rukh Khan, West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee Friday appealed to the Mumbai Cricket Association to reconsider its five-year ban on the Bollywood actor from entering Wankhede Stadium for alleged misbehaviour.
“I appeal (to MCA); please reconsider the decision,” Banerjee told reporters at the state secretariat.
Khan, the co-owner of Indian Premier League (IPL) team Kolkata Knight Riders (KKR) and West Bengal’s brand ambassador, had allegedly misbehaved with security personnel and MCA officials at the stadium Wednesday night.
Banerjee said she did not want to interfere in the matter and requested the media not to distort her comments because of the sensitive nature of the issue.
“Maharashtra is the capital of India in terms of business. From Sachin (Tendulkar) to Shah Rukh, they are very close to us. I don’t know if it is appropriate for me to comment on the issue,” she said.
However, she added: “Shah Rukh Khan is our brand ambassador. There is an emotional thing attached to it. He went there with some children.”
- Mamata asks MCA to reconsider ban on SRK (Lead) - May 18, 2012
- Decision whether to ban SRK from Wankhede next week - May 17, 2012
- Bal Thackeray slams SRK for 'misdemeanour' at Wankhede - May 19, 2012
- Shah Rukh banned from Wankhede for 5 years (Second Lead) - May 18, 2012
- Shah Rukh again apologises for Wankhede brawl - May 29, 2012
- MCA ban on Shah Rukh Khan not finalised: Rajiv Shukla - May 17, 2012
- SRK's punishment too harsh: Javed Akhtar - May 20, 2012
- MCA bans Shah Rukh from Wankhede; experts call it a rare decision (Roundup) - May 18, 2012
- MCA managing committee meet to decide on SRK ban - May 18, 2012
- SRK banned from Wankhede stadium for 5 years - May 18, 2012
- BCCI will decide on SRK ban: Rajiv Shukla - May 18, 2012
- Shah Rukh, Mamata steal show in KKR's Eden party - May 29, 2012
- I won't apologise, MCA officials should do that: SRK (Lead) - May 17, 2012
- SRK might be banned from entering Wankhede - May 17, 2012
- Drunk Shah Rukh misbehaves, faces ban from Wankhede (Lead) - May 17, 2012
Tags: bollywood actor, capital of india, chief minister, co owner, emotional thing, ipl, kkr, knight riders, kolkata, maharashtra, mamata banerjee, misbehaviour, mumbai cricket association, premier league, security personnel, sensitive nature, shah rukh khan, state secretariat, tendulkar, west bengal