Malaysian hospitality: PM’s wife sings to Indian guestsOctober 28th, 2010 - 2:31 pm ICT by IANS
Kuala Lumpur, Oct 28 (IANS) Rosmah Mansor, wife of Malaysian Prime Minister Najib Tun Razak, sang at a gathering to host Indian Prime Minister Manmohan Singh’s wife Gursharan Kaur.
The wives of ministers had a ‘do’ of their own under the aegis of the Welfare Association of Wives of Ministers and Deputy Ministers, The Star reported Thursday.
Gursharan Kaur said she wanted to emulate the good work done by the Malaysian ministers’ wives.
“If we start now (in India), it will not be too late. It is never too late to do something good.
“I will share my experience with friends and family,” said Gursharan, who was entertained by Rosmah’s singing and given a preview of performances for the association’s charity dinner next month.
Gursharan Kaur said she was impressed with work being done for underprivileged children and she would consider starting a similar association in India.
“I am really impressed, very encouraged and inspired by the programmes.
“We have formed a friendship. It shows that not only do both our countries share a bond, we are great friends, too,” she was quoted as saying.
Gursharan Kaur had played hostess to Rosmah when the latter visited India in January.
Rosmah in her speech said Gursharan was a dear friend and had been a gracious hostess during her visit to India in January.
“There should be ongoing efforts to maintain this close relationship between both governments and people.”
She later presented a batik saree to Gursharan Kaur.
- Malay Prime Minister's wife launches bhangra band - Apr 02, 2011
- Malaysian PM's wife doesn't like his tweeting habits - May 01, 2011
- Malaysian PM assures Indians to resolve problems - Nov 01, 2010
- I'm not hidden hand behind decision making: Malaysian PM's wife - Feb 20, 2010
- Indian Malaysians all set to herald in New Year - Apr 11, 2011
- Manmohan Singh receives his Malaysian counterpart - Jan 20, 2010
- My wife not interested in watching sex video: Anwar Ibrahim - Mar 27, 2011
- Malaysian PM says he is touched by spirit of Sikhs - May 03, 2011
- Trip to Chennai a tribute to Malay Indians: Malaysian PM - Jan 24, 2010
- Prime Minister Manmohan Singh arrives in Malaysia - Oct 26, 2010
- Sole Malay Sikh orphanage gets RM 40, 000 grant - Apr 29, 2009
- Malaysians get easy online access to PM - May 26, 2011
- Malaysia to sign more than 13 MoUs with India - Jan 18, 2010
- Manmohan Singh to undertake three-nation Asia tour - Oct 21, 2010
- Malay PM earns wife's ire with his late night tweeting - May 01, 2011
Tags: aegis, charity dinner, dear friend, deputy ministers, governments, gracious hostess, great friends, gursharan kaur, hospitality, indian prime minister, indian prime minister manmohan singh, kuala lumpur, malaysian prime minister, manmohan, manmohan singh, prime minister manmohan, prime minister manmohan singh, saree, underprivileged children, welfare association