Make UP model for other states: Mulayam asks ministersSeptember 12th, 2012 - 8:03 pm ICT by IANS
Kolkata, S Sep 12 (IANS) Urging all Samajwadi Party (SP) ministers in Uttar Pradesh to read the party’s pre-poll manifesto thoroughly, party chief Mulayam Singh Wednesday said the state government should function in a way that it becomes a model for other states.
“I tell all ministers (in Uttar Pradesh) to read every single line of our assembly poll manifesto. Whatever promises we made to the people, we have to keep. I believe that not keeping promises is also a kind of corruption,” Mulayam Singh said at the party’s national executive meeting here.
He said no other party had believed that the SP would get an absolute majority in the polls. “But now all other parties are conceding that the SP follows the right policies,” he said.
Dwelling on the SP government’s achievements, he said it has started giving unemployment allowance. “The government in Bihar is also going to follow our example,” Yadav added.
The veteran leader said the SP government was carrying along all sections of the population.
On his decision to remain out of the government, Yadav said: “I will strengthen the party and monitor the government’s performance”.
- Rape victims will be given government jobs: Mulayam - Jan 29, 2012
- Akhilesh set to take over, promises a new UP (Roundup) - Mar 10, 2012
- SP's poll sop sparks law and order scare - Mar 13, 2012
- Akhilesh assumes charge, shunts out Mayawati loyalists - Mar 15, 2012
- Mulayam gives Akhilesh full marks on completing 100 days - Jun 22, 2012
- Akhilesh asks party's youth to work for Lok Sabha win - Aug 07, 2012
- All promises will be fulfilled: Akhilesh - Mar 10, 2012
- Lok Sabha polls can happen any time after an year: Mulayam - Mar 23, 2012
- Lok Sabha polls anytime after a year: Mulayam (Lead) - Mar 23, 2012
- UP cabinet approves Samajwadi Party's polls sops - Mar 16, 2012