Make Mayawati PM to bring down prices, says BSPJuly 6th, 2010 - 7:38 pm ICT by IANS
Lucknow, July 6 (IANS) Bahujan Samaj Party (BSP) leaders Tuesday called on the people to help make party chief and Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Mayawati the prime minister, asserting that only she could bring down prices and tackle the other crises facing the country.
A day after Monday’s nationwide shutdown called separately by the Left parties and the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP), the BSP staged protests against rising prices at each of the 71 district headquarters across the state.
Addressing a rally here to mark the BSP’s protest against the United Progressive Alliance government’s failure to contain rising prices, state multi-portfolio minister Naseemuddin Siddiqui claimed that Mayawati alone was the answer to all ills faced by the country.
“While we urge the central government to roll back the prices of petrol and petroleum products, we must also resolve here today to herald Behen Mayawati as the country’s next prime minister, because she is the only leader who has the mettle to check and curb price rise,” he said.
“I am confident that with Mayawati at the helm of affairs, the nation would not find it difficult to tide over many a crises facing us,” he claimed.
While Siddiqui led the demonstration in Lucknow, other BSP ministers and prominent party leaders were detailed to lead similar demonstrations in their respective areas of influence.
No violence was reported from any part of the state during the protest except from Kanpur where an exchange of fire between two rival groups within the BSP left two injured.
- BSP stages protest rallies against petrol price hike - May 31, 2011
- Mayawati declines to attend UPA II anniversary dinner - May 21, 2010
- BSP to demonstrate against petrol price hike Tuesday - May 31, 2011
- Mayawati statue vandalised in Lucknow, BSP stages protests (Lead) - Jul 26, 2012
- Mayawati rules out CBI probe against trusted minister - Feb 27, 2012
- BSP protests renaming of Lucknow's Kanshi Ram park - Aug 07, 2012
- Mayawati's statue vandalised, BSP warns of consequences - Jul 26, 2012
- UP officials not taking Akhilesh seriously: BSP - Jul 30, 2012
- Upgrade Mayawati's security, BSP tells Akhilesh - Jul 30, 2012
- Mayawati's key confidante under Lokayukta's scanner - Dec 13, 2011
- Mayawati calls meet to take stock of rout - Mar 11, 2012
- Mayawati seeks fifth term as birthday gift (Lead) - Dec 18, 2011
- Congress, BSP rallies in Ambedkar Nagar Wednesday - Apr 13, 2010
- UP government races to restore Mayawati statue - Jul 27, 2012
- Mayawati gets another currency garland - Mar 17, 2010
Tags: alliance government, bharatiya janata party, bsp, central government, chief minister, crises, district headquarters, helm, ills, kanpur, left parties, lucknow, mettle, party chief, party leaders, petrol, petroleum products, progressive alliance, rival groups, siddiqui