Maharashtra observes peaceful I-Day celebrationsAugust 15th, 2010 - 6:08 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, Aug 15 (IANS) Hundreds of people gathered Sunday to celebrate India’s 64th Independence Day at various locations in Maharashtra.
Maharashtra Governor K. Sankaranarayanan hoisted the national flag at the Council Hall in Pune.
Unfurling the tricolour at Mantralaya, the state’s administrative headquarters here, Chief Minister Ashok Chavan inspected the Independence Day parade and pledged for the development of the state.
Mumbai Mayor Shraddha Jadhav hoisted the flag at the Mayor’s bungalow and paid homage to the martyrs who fought for India’s independence.
Flag hoisting ceremonies took place at various government buildings. Chief Justice Mohit Shah did the honours at the Bombay High Court premises and Legislative Council chairman Shivajirao Deshmukh at the Vidhan Bhavan.
State Home Minister R.R. Patil observed the day at his Gadchiroli constituency.
Rural Development Minister Jayant Patil, hoisted the tricolour at the Konkan Bhavan Commissionerate in Vashi.
Regional officials and tehsildars hoisted the tricolour at district sub-divisional and taluka headquarters respectively.
- Tight security ensures quiet I-Day in Mumbai - Aug 15, 2011
- Low key I-Day celebrations in Maharashtra - Aug 15, 2012
- Securitymen on toes in Mumbai as governor unfurls tricolour - Jan 26, 2010
- Patriotic fervour marks I-Day celebrations in Andhra - Aug 15, 2012
- Tricolour flutters atop charred Mantralaya again - Jun 24, 2012
- Telangana celebrates liberation day amid tension, arrests - Sep 17, 2011
- Maharashtra celebrates 62nd Republic Day - Jan 26, 2011
- MPs prevented from hoisting flag at Telangana memorial - Aug 15, 2011
- Maharashtra budget session from March 15 - Feb 21, 2012
- Sankaranarayanan sworn in as Maharashtra governor for second term - May 07, 2012
- President to open Maharashtra assembly platinum jubilee - Oct 17, 2011
- Maharashtra announces three-day mourning for Deshmukh - Aug 14, 2012
- Mohit Shah sworn-in Bombay High Court chief justice - Jun 26, 2010
- Maharashtra's largest tricolour unfurled in NDA (With Images) - Apr 28, 2012
- Chavan reviews situation after Mantralaya blaze - Jun 21, 2012
Tags: administrative headquarters, ashok, bombay high court, chavan, chief minister, council chairman, court premises, deshmukh, development minister, government buildings, home minister, jadhav, jayant, legislative council, mohit, national flag, regional officials, sankaranarayanan, shraddha, tricolour