Maharashtra minister denies role in coal block casesSeptember 5th, 2012 - 10:14 pm ICT by IANS
Nashik (Maharashtra), Sep 5 (IANS) Maharashtra minister Rajendra Darda Wednesday said he had nothing to do with the company booked by the CBI over irregularities in coal block allocations.
The minister’s elder brother, Vijay Darda, a Congress MP, and 17 executives of five private companies, have been named in the First Information Reports (FIRs) filed by the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI).
Without naming the company, Darda said he had purchased its shares and then returned them.
“I had bought the company’s shares worth Rs.1 lakh in 2006 and returned them in 2008. Now, I have no relations with the company,” said Darda, the primary education minister, after a Teacher’s Day function here attended by Governor K. Sankaranarayanan and Chief Minister Prithviraj Chavan.
The five companies named in the FIRs are AMR Iron and Steel, Vini Iron and Steel Udyog, Navabharat Power, JLD Yavatmal Energy and JAS Infrastructure Capital.
The Darda family is said to be closely associated with JLD Yavatmal.
Darda said he was open to a CBI inquiry.
“It is a good thing that the CBI is probing the case and I will face an inquiry if the CBI approaches me,” he told reporters here.
Asked if he will quit from his post, Darda said there was no question of resignation.
“I have not been asked to resign by the party high command. I’m attending this function with the chief minister and other leaders of the party,” he said.
- Congress distances itself from Darda over coal blocks allocations - Sep 05, 2012
- CBI to quiz MP, five firms' officials on coal blocks - Sep 05, 2012
- CBI cases, raids against five firms in coal blocks allocation (Fourth Lead) - Sep 04, 2012
- Five firms face CBI cases, raids in coal blocks allocation (Third Lead) - Sep 04, 2012
- CBI names Congress MP in coal block cases, raids 30 sites (Roundup) - Sep 04, 2012
- CBI books five companies allocated coal blocks (Second Lead) - Sep 04, 2012
- Private firm directors in CBI net over coal blocks - Sep 18, 2012
- BJP poses more questions to PM, Jaiswal over coal block allocations (Lead) - Sep 11, 2012
- Freedom fighter Jawaharlal Darda's widow dead - Jul 19, 2012
- BJP poses more questions to PM, Jaiswal over coal block allocations - Sep 11, 2012
- Congress takes dim view of party MP praising Modi (Lead) - Jul 30, 2012
- Hyderabad-based Nav Bharat comes under CBI scanner - Sep 05, 2012
- Congress takes dim view of party MP praising Modi - Jul 29, 2012
- Essar denies wrongdoing in acquiring Navbharat power - Sep 05, 2012
- Congress to ascertain facts on Darda's Modi remarks - Jul 31, 2012
Tags: 1 lakh, allocations, amr, cbi inquiry, central bureau of investigation, chief minister, darda, education minister, elder brother, information reports, iron and steel, irregularities, jas, jld, navabharat, primary education, prithviraj, private companies, rajendra, sankaranarayanan