Maharashtra BJP leader gets a taste of five-star arroganceNovember 20th, 2010 - 5:52 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, Nov 20 (IANS) Maharashtra Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) leader and legislator Vinod Tawade got a taste of five-star arrogance outside a luxury hotel here Saturday afternoon.
Trying to give bites to some television reporters on the new state government and tourism related issues on a pavement outside the hotel, Tawade was reportedly asked to move on by a hotel manager, leading to an ugly spat.
According to Tawade, he had come out of a meeting from the Grand Hyatt Hotel in Santacruz when some assembled reporters of TV channels approached him for his views on the new state government and tourism-related issues.
“When I came out and stood on the road outside the hotel, a manager very rudely ordered me not stand there and move off,” Tawade, state BJP general secretary, told IANS as the entire episode was recorded live by a private TV channel crew.
Flaring up at the offending tone of the manager, Tawade retorted. “Yeh jagah tumhare baap ki nahin hai, (This place is not owned by your father),” Tawade said as some other pedestrians came and supported him.
He asserted that he was a tax-paying citizen and had every right to stand on the road, which did not belong to the hotel authorities.
Later, the top officials of the hotel, including the CEO and others, arrived on the scene and profusely apologised after learning of Tawade’s political credentials.
Tawade claimed that other locals have complained about the high-handed behavior of the hotel authorities who do not allow people to move freely or stand on the road beside the property.
- Park Hyatt hotel opens in Hyderabad - Apr 27, 2012
- IGNOU opens admission to tourism courses - Jul 16, 2012
- Mumbai cop offers rose to Raj Thackeray, attacks police chief - Aug 21, 2012
- Bangkok's Iranian bomber loses legs, four others injured (Second Lead) - Feb 14, 2012
- Maharashtra government, opposition trade charges - Apr 09, 2012
- BJP legislator's son shot dead in UP - May 08, 2012
- Opposition leaders to tour Maharashtra for show of might - May 24, 2011
- Big B hits Mumbai streets with tricolour to celebrate India's win - Apr 03, 2011
- Karnataka looks beyond Bangalore to promote tourism - Jun 08, 2012
- Single-window clearance for film shooting in Himachal - May 05, 2011
- Molestation row: Gogoi asks channel to clarify stand - Jul 19, 2012
- Ajit Pawar presents marginally surplus Maharashtra budget - Mar 26, 2012
- Japanese designers to showcase at Lakme Fashion Week - Feb 22, 2011
- Sri Lanka issues tsunami warning after Indonesian quake (Lead) - Apr 11, 2012
- Himachal University to start course in archaeology - Jul 23, 2012
Tags: arrogance, bjp leader, citizen, general secretary, grand hyatt hotel, hotel manager, janata party, legislator, locals, luxury hotel, pavement, pedestrians, political credentials, private tv channel, santacruz, saturday afternoon, spat, state government, television reporters, tv channels