Madhya Pradesh to upgrade health servicesJune 24th, 2009 - 12:00 am ICT by IANS
Bhopal, June 23 (IANS) The Madhya Pradesh government Tuesday decided to upgrade the state’s medical services by adding 100 ambulances, sanctioning funds for the Bhopal Medical College and also set up a veterinary science university, officials said.
This was decided at a cabinet meeting chaired by Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan here.
“The cabinet has decided to implement the scheme of Comprehensive Response Units with the assistance of the Emergency Management and Research Institute, Hyderabad. Towards this, 100 ambulances will be attached to the state’s Medical College Hospitals.
“A call centre will be set up where all the information about emergency services will be made available through telephone. After receiving a call, the call centre will immediately inform the concerned department and arrangements will be made to shift the patient immediately to the nearest hospital,” said an official.
The cabinet has also decided to set up a Veterinary Science University in a rural area.
- Infosys, TCS to generate 20,000 jobs in Madhya Pradesh - Dec 28, 2011
- Madhya Pradesh to have emergency '108' service in all districts - May 24, 2011
- Madhya Pradesh's junior doctors call off strike - Nov 20, 2011
- Woman gives birth to girl on Metro train (Lead) - Jul 22, 2012
- UP rolls out ambulance service for villages, districts - Aug 22, 2012
- Madhya Pradesh youth to get Youth Commission - Jan 13, 2012
- VVIP movement, jams biggest roadblocks for Delhi ambulances - Dec 22, 2010
- Shivraj Chouhan flip-flop on railway budget - Mar 14, 2012
- Palanquin bearers to ferry patients in Himachal - Aug 16, 2012
- With Rs.1,100 crore, AIIMS bags highest budget share - Mar 16, 2012
- Key Madhya Pradesh cities to be linked by air - Aug 18, 2010
- Madhya Pradesh to set up university in Bundelkhand - Apr 07, 2010
- Rs.93 bn more for setting up six AIIMS-like institutions - Mar 19, 2010
- Madhya Pradesh doctors threaten mass leave - Jun 04, 2012
- Congress to counter Chouhan's protest - Jan 30, 2012
Tags: ambulances, cabinet meeting, call centre, chief minister, emergency management, emergency services, health services, hospitals, hyderabad, june 23, madhya pradesh government, medical college, medical services, nearest hospital, response units, rural area, science university, university officials, veterinary science