Madhya Pradesh BJP candidate arrested for poll code violationApril 17th, 2009 - 5:04 pm ICT by IANS
Bhopal, April 17 (IANS) The Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) candidate from Madhya Pradesh’s Mandsaur parliamentary constituency, Laxmi Narayan Pande, was arrested Friday for violating the poll code, police said.
“Pandey has been arrested for violating the model code of conduct as he is found to have held an election meeting in temple premises,” Mandsaur district’s additional superintendent of police G.G. Pandey told IANS.
A case of violation of model code of conduct was filed against Pandey April 12 by Congress-affiliated National Students Union of India’s (NSUI) regional vice chairperson Sheetal Chouhan.
The district returning officer directed sub-divisional officer S. Kochle to inquire into the matter, and the complaint was found to be true, Pandey said.
Mandsaur is about 375 km from the state capital.
- Madhya Pradesh BJP candidate arrested for flouting poll code, gets bail (Lead) - Apr 17, 2009
- Minor girl burnt alive for protesting harassment - Feb 11, 2011
- Dalit girl killed for protesting harassment (Lead) - Feb 11, 2011
- 13 drowned as boat capsizes on Chambal river - Nov 13, 2011
- Newborn's death: Rights panel seeks report in 15 days - Nov 03, 2011
- Ajit Pawar, Pune mayor get notices for violating poll code - Jan 06, 2012
- Rahul upsets Shillong journalists (Lead) - Feb 14, 2011
- IPS officer crushed to death in Madhya Pradesh (Second Lead) - Mar 08, 2012
- Girl, allegedly raped by legislator's nephew, begins hunger strike - Feb 07, 2011
- Legislator's rape-accused nephew arrested - Feb 08, 2011
- West Bengal hooch deaths rise to 167 (Lead) - Dec 16, 2011
- Orissa police officer held for raping woman - May 03, 2010
- Poll panel blocks 400 government jobs in Goa - Jan 05, 2012
- Industrialist held after factory collapse leaves six dead - Apr 17, 2012
- Girl alleges rape by legislator's nephew, begins hunger strike (Lead) - Feb 07, 2011
Tags: bharatiya janata party, bjp candidate, code of conduct, code police, congress, divisional officer, India, model code, national students, pande, parliamentary constituency, poll code, regional vice, returning officer, sheetal, students union, superintendent, temple premises, vice chairperson