Madhya Pradesh BJP candidate arrested for flouting poll code, gets bail (Lead)April 17th, 2009 - 8:23 pm ICT by IANS
Bhopal, April 17 (IANS) The Bharatiya Janata Party’s (BJP) candidate from Madhya Pradesh’s Mandsaur parliamentary constituency, Laxmi Narayan Pande, was arrested Friday for violating the poll code and later released on a personal bond of Rs.5,000.
Pande was arrested for violating the model code of conduct after he was found to have held an election meeting in the premises of a temple. He was presented in the court of Magistrate (First Class) A.A. Khan, where he was granted bail on a personal bond of Rs. 5,000, Mandsaur district’s Additional Superintendent of Police G.G. Pandey told IANS.
A case was filed against the BJP candidate April 12 by the Congress-affiliated National Students Union of India’s (NSUI) regional vice chairperson Sheetal Chouhan.
The district returning officer directed sub-divisional officer S. Kochle to probe the matter, and the complaint was found to be true, the police official said.
Mandsaur is about 375 km from the state capital.
- Madhya Pradesh BJP candidate arrested for poll code violation - Apr 17, 2009
- 13 drowned as boat capsizes on Chambal river - Nov 13, 2011
- BJP illegally collecting election funds: Congress - Jan 04, 2011
- Legislator's rape-accused nephew arrested - Feb 08, 2011
- Girl alleges rape by legislator's nephew, begins hunger strike (Lead) - Feb 07, 2011
- Bihar BJP legislator arrested for killing employee - Jul 23, 2012
- BJP district president suspended after sleaze clips - Feb 11, 2011
- IPS officer's murder: Chouhan orders judicial inquiry - Mar 09, 2012
- IPS officer crushed to death in Madhya Pradesh (Second Lead) - Mar 08, 2012
- Girl, allegedly raped by legislator's nephew, begins hunger strike - Feb 07, 2011
- Akalis field Olympian Pargat Singh, Sukhbir Badal files nomination - Jan 09, 2012
- IPS officer killing: Congress calls shutdown Tuesday - Mar 09, 2012
- Former athlete Pinki Pramanik gets bail (Lead) - Jul 10, 2012
- BJP candidate in Kerala charged for violating election code of conduct - Mar 07, 2011
- Newborn's death: Rights panel seeks report in 15 days - Nov 03, 2011
Tags: bharatiya janata party, bjp candidate, code of conduct, divisional officer, first class, magistrate, model code, national students, pande, parliamentary constituency, personal bond, police official, poll code, premises, regional vice, returning officer, sheetal, students union, superintendent, vice chairperson