‘Looking at CPI-M workers’ faces will bring bad luck’June 17th, 2012 - 8:45 pm ICT by IANS
Kolkata, June 17 (IANS) A Trinamool Congress leader known for his weird pronouncements has tossed up another one, asking his party cadres not to look at Communist Party of India-Marxist (CPI-M) workers for it will bring bad luck and even death.
“Do not look at their (CPI-M workers) faces. If they are on your left, turn right. Do not look at them, for you may fall into trouble. It will bring you bad luck. If you are heading for work and see their faces, you may end up getting crushed under the wheels of a vehicle,” West Bengal Food and Supplies Minister Jyotipriya Mallick said.
Mullick who was addressing an assembly in North 24 Parganas late Saturday night also asked his partymen to keep a picture of Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee at home for good luck.
“Always keep a picture of Mamata Banerjee at your home and look at it before going out. You will have a great day. Make it a point to look at her picture before going out,” said Mullick.
The minister had on an earlier occasion asked his party people not to marry any CPI-M worker and avoid even small talk with members of the Left party.
“Don’t mingle with CPI-M workers. Don’t talk to them. Don’t establish any marriage relations with CPI-M cadre,” he had said.
- 'Learn to hate' CPI-M, says Trinamool minister - Apr 17, 2012
- Trinamool workers display minister's hate speech on billboard - Apr 21, 2012
- Trinamool minister backtracks on 'boycott Marxists' remark (Lead) - Apr 17, 2012
- Don't misuse party's name, Mamata tells cadres - Nov 02, 2011
- CPI-M trying to create rift between Congress, Trinamool: Mamata - Jun 30, 2012
- Mamata, opposition spar on skeletons recovery (Lead) - Aug 23, 2011
- 'Political papers' instigating people to violence: Mamata - May 23, 2011
- Keep away from Feb 28 strike, Mamata tells unorganised sector - Feb 25, 2012
- Buddhadeb hits out at Mamata's remarks - Aug 16, 2012
- Nobody expecting mid-term poll: Karat - May 13, 2012
- Buddhadeb admits mistakes, asks cadres to shun arrogance - Feb 13, 2011
- Mamata warns officials against taking part in transport strike (Lead) - Jul 26, 2012
- Mamata talks of resignation, then backtracks - Dec 23, 2010
- Pranab, Mamata appeal for peace - May 15, 2011
- Let Congress decide on alliance: Mamata - Nov 19, 2011
Tags: bad luck, banerjee, chief minister, communist party of india, communist party of india marxist, congress leader, CPI, faces, good luck, late saturday night, left turn, mallick, marriage, marriage relations, party people, pronouncements, trinamool congress, west bengal, wheels