Longtime aide to U.S. Vice President Joe Biden resignsMay 24th, 2011 - 3:26 am ICT by BNO News
WASHINGTON, D.C. (BNO NEWS) — A longtime aide and spokeswoman for U.S. Vice President Joe Biden announced her resignation on Monday in order to practice law, the White House said.
The Office of the Vice President said longtime aide and Press Secretary Elizabeth Alexander has informed of her decision to leave the White House at the end of May to practice law. She will be succeeded by Kendra Barkoff, who most recently served as Deputy Communications Director and Press Secretary for Interior Secretary Ken Salazar.
“From the Senate to the White House, for the last five years, Elizabeth has been by my side as a trusted advisor. Together, we’ve logged a lot of miles, and through it all she’s been tough, determined and loyal,” Biden said. “Her energy, intellect, and professionalism will be missed enormously, even as I’m excited for her to start the next chapter of her career.”
Biden added that he is looking forward for Barkoff to join him at the White House. “She has extensive communications and press experience and will be a tremendous asset to our office and the entire White House,” the vice president noted.
Before working for Salazar, Barkoff worked as U.S. Senator Bob Casey’s Press Secretary on Capitol Hill. She has also worked for U.S. Senator Richard Durbin as the Democratic Media Coordinator and Press Assistant, as well as for U.S. Senator Maria Cantwell as a communications aide.
- Summer gas prices are going to be high - May 31, 2011
- Former Reporter Jay Carney To Replace Robert Gibbs, To Be Named Press Secretary - Jan 28, 2011
- U.S. Vice President Biden makes unannounced trip to Afghanistan - Jan 11, 2011
- Has Elizabeth Birnbaum Been Sacked? The President Is Tight Lipped - May 28, 2010
- Democrats Of Washington Mourns Elizabeth Edwards' Death - Dec 08, 2010
- Vice President Joe Biden's son hospitalized in Delaware - May 11, 2010
- US Vice-President Biden in Afghanistan on two-day visit - Jan 11, 2011
- Clinton tops Obama and others in administration: Gallup - Apr 03, 2011
- Rumors abound that Hillary Clinton might replace Joe Biden as the VP - Oct 08, 2010
- Vice Pres Joe Biden's Son 'Beau Biden' Hospitalized - May 11, 2010
- US taking 9/11 threat seriously: Biden - Sep 09, 2011
- Sarah Palin pushes midterm election candidates, teases possible presidential candidacy bid - Sep 18, 2010
- Obama to appear on ABC's 'The View' - Jul 27, 2010
- Obama must ensure his prez campaign does not derail: Experts - Mar 15, 2011
- Press Secretary Gibbs to leave White House - Jan 06, 2011
Tags: barkoff, bno, bob casey, capitol hill, democratic media, deputy communications director, elizabeth alexander, intellect, interior secretary, joe biden, ken salazar, longtime aide, maria cantwell, media coordinator, president joe, press secretary, richard durbin, senator bob, senator maria cantwell, senator richard durbin