Lokpal panel hears CVC, CBI chiefOctober 1st, 2011 - 5:20 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Oct 1 (IANS) Central Vigilance Commissioner Pradeep Kumar and Central Bureau of Investigation director A.P. Singh Saturday gave their views before the parliamentary standing committee examining the Lokpal bill.
The views of the two agencies have been sought as the social activists including Team Anna have been demanding that the anti-corruption wing of the CBI should be put under the Lokpal.
Similarly, the panel wanted to hear the views of the CVC to decide on the role and powers of the proposed anti-corruption Lokpal.
Congress spokesperson Abhishek Manu Singhvi heads the standing committee.
- 'Lokpal panel for CBI, CVC autonomy but undecided on including PM' - Nov 24, 2011
- Lokpal panel plans report during winter session - Nov 08, 2011
- Wrong to put timelines for Lokpal panel: Singhvi (Lead) - Nov 08, 2011
- CBI ready to come fully under Lokpal, seeks autonomy (Lead) - Oct 01, 2011
- CBI, CVC chiefs meet PM on Lokpal bill (Lead) - Dec 14, 2011
- Lokpal panel hears Aruna Roy - Sep 23, 2011
- Lokpal house panel meet unlikely Wednesday - Sep 06, 2011
- Lokpal panel to hear CVC, Aruna Roy - Sep 22, 2011
- Team Anna reject Lokpal panel's recommendations - Dec 07, 2011
- CBI against attaching anti-graft wing to Lokpal - Sep 06, 2011
- Lokpal panel likely to finalise report Nov 30 - Nov 28, 2011
- Impractical to bring CBI under Lokpal: CBI director - Oct 21, 2011
- Lokpal panel finalises report, Team Anna rejects it - Dec 07, 2011
- Team Anna writes to PM, seeks investigating powers for Lokpal (Second Lead) - Dec 25, 2011
- Lokpal review panel debates inclusion of PMO - Nov 15, 2011
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , ,