Lokpal bill sent to Rajya Sabha select committee (Lead)May 21st, 2012 - 8:48 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, May 21 (IANS) The much-awaited Lokpal bill was Monday sent to a select committee of the Rajya Sabha soon after being taken up in the house after a gap of more than four months.
Even as Leader of Opposition Arun Jaitely questioned if the government wanted to pass the Lokpal bill at all and amidst mixed opinions from various parties, the upper house passed a motion to send the bill to a select committee.
The suggestion for sending the bill to a select committee was first made by Naresh Agarwal of the Samajwadi Party who moved an amendment on this, irking opposition parties who accused the government of using the SP member as a shield.
However, Minister of State of Personnel, Public Grievances and Pensions V. Narayanasamy soon moved another motion to send the bill to a select committee. The motion was passed by voice vote.
- Lokpal bill sent to select committee of Rajya Sabha (Second Lead) - May 21, 2012
- Lokpal bill goes to committee, Anna announces another agitation (Roundup) - May 21, 2012
- Taking Lokayukta out of Lokpal bill: Cabinet to decide - Apr 04, 2012
- Government cornered in Rajya Sabha, defers 2 bills - Mar 29, 2012
- Promotion quota bill in Rajya Sabha - Sep 05, 2012
- Quota bill in Rajya Sabha, SP, BSP lock horns (Second Lead) - Sep 05, 2012
- Government to face opposition heat on Assam violence, power outages (Curtain raiser) - Aug 06, 2012
- Lokpal bill in parliament Thursday, Sonia says she will fight for it (Roundup) - Dec 21, 2011
- Government defends minority quota in Lokpal - Dec 27, 2011
- Amendments to Lokpal bill being considered, says Narayanasamy - Feb 11, 2012
- Promotion quota bill in Rajya Sabha, SP, BSP lock horns (Lead) - Sep 05, 2012
- SP, BSP MPs scuffle over promotion quota bill (Second Lead) - Sep 05, 2012
- Government unveils bill for time-bound public services - Nov 02, 2011
- Rajya Sabha members want stronger measures against graft - Aug 25, 2011
- Lokpal bill listed to be tabled in Rajya Sabha (Lead) - May 21, 2012
Tags: four months, gap, leader of opposition, minister of state, New Delhi, opposition parties, pensions, public grievances, rajya sabha, Samajwadi Party, select committee, suggestion, upper house, voice vote