Lokayukta gets a complaint and 100 kg ‘evidence’February 14th, 2012 - 10:45 pm ICT by IANS
Lucknow, Feb 14 (IANS) The Lokayukta office here Tuesday received an unusual visitor with a ‘mountain of evidence’ — weighing more than 100 kg!
Armed with three sets of papers as evidence, Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) leader Bal Chandra Mishra knocked the doors of the Uttar Pradesh ombudsman, Justice N.K. Mehrotra.
A former minister in the Kalyan Singh government, Mishra’s grouse was directed at Congress legislator from Kidwainagar Ajay Kapoor.
Mishra accused Kapoor, a political heavyweight in the state Congress, of indulging in a Rs.200 crore land scam.
And to back that he brought documents that totally weighed one quintal.
- Akhilesh against bringing chief minister's post under Lokayukta - Apr 26, 2012
- BSP runs for cover as skeletons tumble out (News Analysis) - May 17, 2012
- UP governor okays bill extending Lokayukta's term - Jul 07, 2012
- Uttar Pradesh minister resigns after Lokayukta's rap - Aug 17, 2011
- Yeddyurappa graft case hearing put off till Sep 13 - Sep 08, 2011
- Congress asks Akhilesh to act against BSP leaders - May 18, 2012
- Lokayukta wants another Uttar Pradesh minister to go - Oct 04, 2011
- Minister withdraws plea against Lokayukta - Sep 10, 2011
- Karnataka BJP legislator jailed in bribery case (Lead) - Jun 02, 2012
- Mayawati sacks two more ministers on graft charges - Oct 05, 2011
- Lokayukta raids house, offices of Yeddyurappa's kin - Sep 20, 2011
- Yeddyurappa gets anticipatory bail in land scam case - Jan 17, 2012
- BJP charges Mayawati with Rs.3,000 crore power scam - Sep 26, 2011
- Ombudsman files FIR against Yeddyurappa in graft case (Lead) - Aug 10, 2011
- Arrest Reddy kin to prevent evidence tampering: Congress - Sep 14, 2011