Lok Sabha mourns death of MP, adjournedMarch 10th, 2011 - 2:58 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, March 10 (IANS) The Lok Sabha was adjourned for the day Thursday to mourn the death of Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) member Baliram Kashyap from Chhattisgarh.
As soon as Lok Sabha met at 11 a.m., Speaker Meira Kumar read out the obituary of Kashyap who died in Raipur early Thursday.
Kashyap, 75, was four-time member of the Lok Sabha from Bastar in Chhattisgarh. He has also been a minister in the Madhya Pradesh government.
Meira Kumar adjourned the house till Friday morning after members stood in silence to pay tributes to their deceased colleague.
- Parliament disrupted over anti-Chidambaram protests - Dec 16, 2011
- Lok Sabha pays tribute to Arjun Singh - Mar 07, 2011
- Parliament adjourned till Monday over anti-Chidambaram protests (Lead) - Dec 16, 2011
- Lok Sabha adjourns after tribute to ex-VP Shekhawat, Kargil martyrs - Jul 26, 2010
- BJP to step up campaigning in Bastar - Apr 25, 2011
- Campaigning ends for Chhattisgarh by-poll - May 06, 2011
- Indian parliament mourns Japan tsunami deaths - Mar 14, 2011
- Uproar in parliament over police crackdown on BJP workers - Aug 10, 2011
- Assam violence leads to uproar, parliament adjourned till noon (Lead) - Aug 08, 2012
- Parliament adjourned till noon - yet again - Dec 10, 2010
- Parliament adjourned, but Lok Sabha passes appropriation bills (Second Lead) - Dec 01, 2010
- Lok Sabha adjourned till 12, Rajya Sabha for day - Dec 06, 2010
- BJP leads in Bastar Lok Sabha seat - May 13, 2011
- Lok Sabha adjourned after obituary references - Aug 01, 2011
- Lok Sabha returns to disruptions - Apr 24, 2012