Lok Sabha adjourned over black money issueAugust 13th, 2012 - 1:02 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Aug 13 (IANS) The Lok Sabha was adjourned till 12 noon Monday after Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) members noisily demanded that black money stashed abroad be brought back to the country.
Speaker Meira Kumar adjourned the house after BJP members refused to allow proceedings and rushed towards the speaker’s podium over the issue.
They kept shouting when Minister for Social Justice Mukul Wasnik was replying on the issue of manual scavenging.
Wasnik said the government was bringing a new bill to end the abhorrent practice of manual scavenging and would do everything to end it, but his reply was drowned in the din.
This provoked the speaker to say that she would have liked it if the members had participated in the discussion related to the social evil.
The BJP’s agitation in the lower house comes as yoga guru Baba Ramdev has threatened a “revolution” unless the government brings black money back to the country.
- Lok Sabha adjourned till 2 p.m. over Assam violence (Lead) - Aug 13, 2012
- Lok Sabha adjourned till Tuesday over Assam, Mumbai (Second Lead) - Aug 13, 2012
- Parliament disrupted over black money (Lead) - Aug 13, 2012
- Lok Sabha adjourned over Assam, black money - Aug 14, 2012
- Parties back black money issue inside, outside parliament (Second Lead) - Aug 13, 2012
- Pranab loses cool, Lok Sabha adjourned - Feb 25, 2011
- Furore in Lok Sabha over coal scam - Aug 21, 2012
- Assam violence leads to uproar, parliament adjourned till noon (Lead) - Aug 08, 2012
- Ramdev's movement politically motivated: Sheila Dikshit - Aug 13, 2012
- Lok Sabha adjourned over Haryana land to Rajiv trust - Aug 18, 2011
- BJP backs Ramdev's agitation - Aug 10, 2012
- BJP corners PM over coal scam, parliament disrupted (Lead) - Aug 21, 2012
- Now, Chandigarh kiosk scam disrupts parliament (Lead) - Mar 14, 2011
- Ramdev's parliament march thwarted, gains wide political support (Intro Roundup) - Aug 13, 2012
- Lok Sabha adjourned over Telangana - Apr 30, 2012