Lok Rajniti Manch fields former cop in LucknowApril 1st, 2009 - 9:39 pm ICT by IANS
Lucknow, April 1 (IANS) Lok Rajniti Manch, which aims to build a political alternative in the country, Wednesday announced a former Indian police service officer as its official candidate for the Lucknow seat in Uttar Pradesh.
“S.R. Darapuri, a former inspector general of police and human rights activist, will be our candidate for the Lucknow seat,” Sandeep Pandey, a Ramon Magsaysay awardee, told reporters here.
Talking to reporters Darapuri said that his main objective would be to motivate the public so that they can intervene in politics to make it people-centric.
“What’s politics today? It’s all about money and muscle power. Taking this into account, I want that the public should intervene in politics to bring the desired changes,” Darapuri said.
Mooted by journalist Kuldip Nayar, the Lok Rajniti Manch came up last year to build a political alternative in the country.
“Our forum is getting nationwide support from people of various cross sections of society. Some smaller parties are also working in co-ordination with us to change the current political scenario of the country,” said Darapuri.
- People to draft the election manifesto of SR Darapuri - Apr 11, 2009
- Death of Dalit election candidate warrants CBI enquiry - Apr 14, 2009
- Protests against painting of historical Vidhan Sabha - May 15, 2009
- Right to health is not for the majority of UP residents: SR Darapuri - Apr 07, 2009
- For the people by the people, finally! - Mar 06, 2009
- Whispers of sanity in the frenzy of madness - Apr 14, 2009
- Indians Nileema Mishra, Harish Hande win Magsaysay Award (Lead) - Jul 27, 2011
- Let Humanity And Nature Coexist - Apr 30, 2009
- Jonathan Mann Awardee Binayak Sen released on bail today - May 25, 2009
- Time to rethink the development paradigm on Earth Day - Apr 22, 2009
- Sweets and greetings exchanged at Attari border - Aug 15, 2011
- A fake encounter - Aug 29, 2009
- Call to stop misuse of media in elections - May 11, 2009
- 'Aarakshan' ban evokes mixed reactions in Uttar Pradesh - Aug 11, 2011
- Sri Lanka: Humanitarian disaster in making - Apr 30, 2009
Tags: april 1, cop, cross sections, human rights activist, indian police service, journalist, kuldip nayar, lok, lucknow, main objective, money and muscle, muscle power, ordination, political scenario, ramon magsaysay awardee, sandeep pandey, uttar pradesh