LJP leaders blame poll debacle on alliance with RJDJune 8th, 2009 - 10:34 pm ICT by IANS
Patna, June 8 (IANS) A section of the Lok Janshakti Party (LJP) Monday blamed the pre-poll alliance with the Rashtriya Janata Dal (RJD) for the party’s debacle in the Lok Sabha elections in Bihar.
The LJP held a workers meeting here to review the party’s performance in the elections.
Failing to win even a single seat in Bihar, the 2009 election has been the worst for the LJP since its formation in 2000 by Dalit leader Ram Vilas Paswan.
Former MP and senior LJP leader Surajbhan Singh urged party chief Paswan not to join hands with former railway miniser Lalu Prasad’s RJD.
“I am appealing to Paswanji to join hands with the Congress for future and say no to the RJD,” said Singh, who is a party vice president.
Singh said LJP’s alliance with the RJD cost the party dearly because the people of Bihar were angry with Lalu Prasad.
Other LJP workers and leaders also asked Paswan to end the alliance with the RJD.
They also expressed resentment against the party strategy to fight next year’s Bihar assembly elections with the RJD.
The LJP lost in all the 12 seats it fought in Bihar. Even Paswan was defeated in Hajipur. The RJD managed to win four of the 28 seats it contested.
- RJD paves way for tie-up with Congress in Bihar - Oct 18, 2010
- In Bihar, RJD leaders feel need for tie-up with Congress - Oct 22, 2010
- I won't join UPA: Paswan - Jul 07, 2010
- Lalu to meet election panel over irregularities in EVMs - Dec 22, 2010
- Lalu congratulates Nitish, but not BJP - Nov 24, 2010
- JD-U, BJP take early lead in Bihar (Lead) - Nov 24, 2010
- Lalu, Paswan to tour Bihar for upcoming Assembly elections - Jul 15, 2010
- RJD, LJP seal seat sharing agreement ahead of Bihar assembly polls - Aug 16, 2010
- Nitish Kumar's alliance heads for victory in Bihar (Second Lead) - Nov 24, 2010
- Ram Vilas Paswan files poll papers in Bihar - Apr 02, 2009
- Congress, RJD trying to confuse voters. says Nitish Kumar - Sep 21, 2010
- Bihar polls: Test of governance, rule of law in phase three - Oct 27, 2010
- Rabri Devi files nomination papers for upcoming Bihar Assembly polls - Oct 09, 2010
- JD-U, BJP claim victory in Bihar, opposition struggles (Third Lead) - Nov 24, 2010
- JD-U and BJP sweep Bihar, RJD and Congress humiliated (Fourth Lead) - Nov 24, 2010
Tags: bihar assembly elections, congress, lalu prasad, ljp, lok sabha elections, mp, party chief, party strategy, patna, poll alliance, poll debacle, railway, ram vilas paswan, resentment, rjd, vice president, vilas