Lights hurt eyes of two Kerala lawmakersJune 9th, 2008 - 10:32 pm ICT by IANS
Thrissur (Kerala), June 9 (IANS) Use of high-voltage lights at a public function in Kerala caused eye injuries to about 30 people, including state assembly Speaker K. Radhakrishnan and Lok Sabha member Lonappan Nambadan from Mukundapuram. Both Radhakrishnan and Nambadan have been admitted to hospitals in the state and advised two days’ rest by doctors.
The function to inaugurate a village reading club was held Sunday night at Kodungallore near here.
The organisers reportedly used powerful spotlights to light up the dais and most of those who complained of discomfort in their eyes were sitting on the dias.
The MP, who complained of distress and was unable to sleep later, was taken to Little Flower Hospital at Angamali in Ernakulam district Sunday night, a family member told IANS.
“The MP suffered injury to his eyes due to intense light. The condition is not serious. He is undergoing treatment here,” Robert Kuriakose, the public relations officer at the Little Flower Hospital, said.
The speaker, who felt discomfort in his eyes Monday morning, was also advised two days’ rest by doctors.
Tags: assembly speaker, dais, ernakulam district, eye injuries, family member, flower hospital, high voltage, intense light, kerala, lawmakers, little flower, lok sabha member, monday morning, mp, organisers, radhakrishnan, reading club, state assembly, undergoing treatment, village reading